Tampa Hotels

richbum

Which hotel did you book in Tampa and why?    I am looking for something that has a shuttle, pool, and wifi. Close to places to eat (within walking distance) reasonable priced (not in the slums...but not in the ritzy area.  I have never been to Tampa...so don't know the area at all. 

Thanks in advance!

Check out hotels in the Rocky Point area - many offer both airport and port shuttles (at least they did before the virus shut things down), nice area, several dining options within walking distance, and some offer parking deals if any in your group will be driving in.  Check out Chase Suites, Doubletree, Holiday Inn Express and others.

The other areas to focus on are near the port (Marriott, Embassy Suites) - might be too pricey for you - or the Westshore area near TPA (lots of nearby dining, fast food and shopping options).

• Like 1

A hotel with a shuttle would not be at the top of the list for me as most of the ones that do are not the kind of hotels I stay in usually.

The Westin, Marriott and Embassy Suites are ones I've stayed in before and would again. Next time I may try the Home2Suites.

I might consider the Residence Inn, but be aware you have to book a "Cruise and Stay" room to get shuttle service and supposedly you only get two shuttle spots, so not good with a family if they hold to the policy.

• Like 1

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ybor City last December....Free shuttle to port of Tampa(1 mile away from hotel) Close to Fl Aquarium via free streetcar or hotel shuttle.. Plenty of restaurants in Ybor(cuban type food but also has american) within walking distance. Also the hotels free shuttle will take you anywhere beside the ports within a 2 miles radius. Now only drawback is no free service to/from airport. I also stayed there because I took the train to Tampa and the station is also about 1 mile from the hotel as well. I will advise to stay on side of hotel away from streetcar barns. Has an outdoor pool and wifi & free breakfast.

Edited by smalltimecruiser100