First Cruise out of Greece and Guess What

Bpos

Why anyone anywhere is contemplating a cruise is beyond me, reports around that the first cruise out of Greece since the covid shutdown has the virus onboard, despite testing etc before it was allowed to sail.

Cruise ships must be the best incubators of the disease and until there is a vaccine for the Covid 19, I am not going to go anywhere near a cruise ship despite what the authorities say or promise they are safe to do so.

It's not so much that a cruise ship is an incubator, it's that someone can test negative the day they board then develop symptoms the next day. 

If a cruise ship is departing from any port where there is community transmission of the virus there will always be a risk.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

False positives. I’m actually impressed at how the cruise industry has been able to provide as close to a “Covid free” environment as possible since they restarted. It could almost be argued that it’s safer to be on a cruise ship than anywhere else at this time!

Thr most important part about this story is that the ship was allowed to dock immediately, and protocols were in place to handle the situation. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-greece-cruiseship-idUSKBN26K13Q

• Like 3