Lift and Shift - I don't get it

sakigemcam

7 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

Update from OP - went to the L&S self-serve site (thank you) but had the same downgrade choices as were stated on the phone.

Going to watch the debates and get even more frustrated now. But I have wine!!! Will advise if TA makes magic. 

Sincere best wishes that your TA can do something for you.

At the end of the day why not consider just cancelling if you are not happy with the choices offered? I do understand you ‘had’ a good deal but if you are not happy with what is being offered why not just cancel?

The snag if you make a compromise with the cruise and accept M class even though you prefer S class you may feel ‘cheated’. Like you, we far prefer S class over M class and would not be prepared to accept a swap. We would be on board missing the ‘flow’ of the S ships, their extra speciality restaurants and the rooms we prefer...

I do understand Celebrity not wanting their new ships to go into the mix but agree with you that S and M are not an equal swap. In your situation I would wave goodbye to my old good deal and start looking for a new one if your TA cannot make some magic for you! Sincere best wishes for a good outcome.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

I believe the Lift and Shift chart or some place had a tel number on it,  We used that tel number.  Someone answered right away...using the same chart we consulted, she..plugged in our 3 choices, in order of preference.  Never received an e mail with results but thanks to post on CC, we  found our updated res in our online cruise planner.

From the posts I have read sounds like we did well going from Connie to Reflection.

We were excited about cruising from Tampa versus Port Ev and the  Reflection   is our  least favorite S Class ship......But it is newer than Connie which is not being refurbed and may not be sailing in Jan  2021???. 

Aft suite  on Ref is a nice location.  Hopeful this cruise will happen in 2022.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

I believe the Lift and Shift chart or some place had a tel number on it,  We used that tel number.  Someone answered right away...using the same chart we consulted, she..plugged in our 3 choices, in order of preference.  Never received an e mail with results but thanks to post on CC, we  found our updated res in our online cruise planner.

From the posts I have read sounds like we did well going from Connie to Reflection.

We were excited about cruising from Tampa versus Port Ev and the  Reflection   is our  least favorite S Class ship......But it is newer than Connie which is not being refurbed and may not be sailing in Jan  2021???. 

Aft suite  on Ref is a nice location.  Hopeful this cruise will happen in 2022.

And we’re being directed to do just the opposite!  Good for you though - enjoy!