All things Galapagos...

clojacks

1 hour ago, ckelly14 said:

I noticed that the extension is also priced a little higher for that room. Do you get a better room in Quito?

I've booked the cheapest room on Xpedition. We got a 3rd floor room at the Marriott -- I assume there was a "connection" between the cheapest room and the quite "shabby" location of the room.... Luckily, we had the marvels of Galapagos to look forward 😁

I don't know what hotel X is using now in Quito, but on my dime - I wouldn't book the Marriott....

On 10/17/2020 at 10:27 AM, ckelly14 said:

Went with the suite #503 as my wife wants the floor to ceiling windows. I noticed that the extension is also priced a little higher for that room. Do you get a better room in Quito?

My research came back with no difference in hotel rooms based on ship cabin booked.  

Flora looks really interesting but I ended up going with SilverSea and their new Silver Origin ship.   They use the same hotel in Quito with no difference in rooms compared to X.  I looked hard at Xpedition but SilverSea offered a reduced solo supplement that Celebrity doesn't so that drove me to SilverSea.    

I too really liked the idea of just 48 guests but in the end the new ship fever took hold and with SilverSea's reduced solo supplement Celebrity was at a serious disadvantage.  

Hi twangster, congratulations on the Galapagos booking.

While you did not go with Celebrity, the Silver Origin will be  a great expedition cruise of the Galapagos islands.

We did the Silver Galapagos Sept 07-14,  2019 Baltra to San Cristobal.

The new Silver Origin is a sister ship of the Celebrity Flora.

The Silver Origin is in Manta Ecuador, when is your voyage?

Any expedition to the Galapagos is not to be missed.

Good luck and safe travels.