NCL changing refund policy on cancelled sailings

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Prices are rising😇

Last week I was tempted by a JS for 1507 cruisefare, posted it and ourusualbeach showed me breakdown but by then he posted over 1800. I was like must be wrong, did it myself cruisefare over 1900. Today with 500 off sale it's almost 2400 cruisefare. 

Good thing I'm happy with my balcony. That's up a lot in one week to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The 10% off and still get full refund would be a nice option. So far rcl hasn't been that generous.

I too wish that RCCL had offered that previously.  When you have a sailing cancelled and you were to travel with the kids that can not travel with you in the future due to university, the FCC on them would have been wasted, so we took the refund instead.  Guess time will tell if other cruise operators start offers similar to NCL.  People may not appreciate an offer like this, but it sure should make the book keeping a bit easier for the cruise companies not having to keep track of FCC.

Also, I feel the change in policy makes me feel slightly more optimistic that cruises will start again soon.  Seems like NCL is content to offer back refunds instead of keeping people's money in the form of FCC.  That would lead me to believe that they do not feel they need to keep more of people's money in the way of FCC to stay financially afloat (since the timeline to increasing revenue by actual sailings is approaching in their opinion).

9 hours ago, ileys said:

If you were on a cruise that was cancelled in the first few weeks of the cancellations, you were offered 150%.  That extra 50% applied to everything that you paid - taxes, tips, etc.  We were on the 3/14 Escape, and found out about the cancellations the night before we were to sail. 

We were to sail RCCL on the first day of cancellations and got offered the 125% FCC from them.  I thought that NCL's offer of 150% was very generous and had hoped other cruise lines would have done the same for those who were cancelled on with under 24 hours notice.  Part of our group had already driven to Florida from Canada, only to have to turn around and drive right home.  Most of us here have had cruises cancelled on us that upset us, but having your vacation cancelled with less than 24 hours notice was truly heartbreaking for the kids.