When Does HAL release 2022 Alaska

AlanF65

Hi,

I am wondering when HAL in the past would release 2022 Alaska sailings.

I have some FCC that I have to book by EOY and would like to wait until 2022 is released.

Thanks

A

Edited by AlanF65

In years past somewhere around late November or Early December for cruises and January for cruise tours.  HAL still has not come anywhere near close to finishing the Spring2021- to Spring 2022 deployments, so I’d expect Alaska 2022 to get pushed back until sometime late spring of 2021 before it’s announced.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

My TA called and was told Dec or January.

A-

While I don't doubt that was the answer that your TA received, the reality is that the front line reservations staff have equal or less information than us here on the boards.  Was it an educated guess?  Possibly.  Was it supported by internal corporate information (which would most likel be confidential anyways)?  Unlikely.

These days more than ever we ALL need to just wait, and be patient.  It will happen when it happens :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

While I don't doubt that was the answer that your TA received, the reality is that the front line reservations staff have equal or less information than us here on the boards.  Was it an educated guess?  Possibly.  Was it supported by internal corporate information (which would most likel be confidential anyways)?  Unlikely.

These days more than ever we ALL need to just wait, and be patient.  It will happen when it happens 🙂

She was on the phone for about 40 minutes, she came back on the line when she got passed to someone else, part of it involved whether I was going to ask for cash refunds on FCC that had to be used by 12/31/2020, which the use by date has been extended but they could not answer if the cash refund date has been extended.

I am looking for the longer voyage / more ports to Alaska and it sounds like those may go away.

Thanks

A-

2 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

She was on the phone for about 40 minutes, she came back on the line when she got passed to someone else, part of it involved whether I was going to ask for cash refunds on FCC that had to be used by 12/31/2020, which the use by date has been extended but they could not answer if the cash refund date has been extended.

I am looking for the longer voyage / more ports to Alaska and it sounds like those may go away.

Thanks

A-

I see Alaska being a 5 ship deployment in 2022 - 2 Ships N/S from Vancouver, 1 ship Roudtrip Vancouver and 2 ships Roundtrip Seatlle - all 7 days.  The 14 day itinerary struggled to sell at a yield premium (HAL did not market it well either which didn't help), and often went out with empty cabins.  Sad as it was a great option for those who wanted more Alaska but did not want the packing/unpacking/on the bus/off the bus of a Cruise+Land Voyage.

6 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Thanks

A-

This is one of the reason why I hate it when I am being offered credits\points\FCC whatever. All this virtual stuff can be expired at any time (due to a technical problem or something) or you might not even have a chance to use  them. In my opinion, its always better to stay away from them and always choose real money over this nonsense

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

This is one of the reason why I hate it when I am being offered credits\points\FCC whatever. All this virtual stuff can be expired at any time (due to a technical problem or something) or you might not even have a chance to use  them. In my opinion, its always better to stay away from them and always choose real money over this nonsense

Well I originally moved my cancelled 14 day Alaska 2020 to 2021, 2021 ship was sold so I booked a Panama canal in 2022, that was cancelled so now I am probably going to ask for a refund but I am willing to leave money in FCC if they have a trip I want.

A-

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I see Alaska being a 5 ship deployment in 2022 - 2 Ships N/S from Vancouver,

The two ships from Vancouver going North and South would work for me If I could go north, do a week on my own and then go south.

4 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

The two ships from Vancouver going North and South would work for me If I could go north, do a week on my own and then go south.

For 2021 that is precisely the pattern that Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam are doing - both sail on Sundays, so one ship in Vancouver each week and one in Whittier.