MSC Price Drop Adjustment Process

Sstn

Any seasoned MSC cruisers booking through MSC USA website/phone agents that can explain how MSC SHOULD handle a price drop adjustment outside of final payment?  Is cancellation of the old reservation and a new booking the only option (and hoping the old cabin assignment is immediately returned to inventory and prices correctly)?  Seems phone agents working from home are providing contradictory information.  Also, is there any way to escalate this or other concerns to speak with a supervisor?  Only option ever provided is to send an email to mscexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com but no assurance of when/if they'll reply so that doesn't help when price/inventory change quickly.

ask your agent to do a price adjustment.
all they need to do is phone MSC and the price can be reduced to the new lower price, without cancelling and rebooking.

But if you want to apply the 50% discount for healthcare workers, you will need to cancel and rebook.

I've done it over the phone. I orginally booked on the MSC website and when a better promo/better price came along months later (long before final payment), I called and had everything adjusted. The OBC took a few days to arrive but I had a new conformation pdf within 30 minutes. The stateroom number never changed, all 4 guests information never changed, etc.

I've done it over the phone. I orginally booked on the MSC website and when a better promo/better price came along months later (long before final payment), I called and had everything adjusted. The OBC took a few days to arrive but I had a new conformation pdf within 30 minutes. The stateroom number never changed, all 4 guests information never changed, etc.  

Is your booking confirmation a pdf file?
I get an ordinary email booking confirmation from my US online travel agent.

41 minutes ago, drsel said:

Is your booking confirmation a pdf file?

Yes. 

It is attached to the email and the file name will also have the booking number. The payment conformation will be a separate email which will only have the booking number (no pdf).         

Edited by Two Wheels Only