The NCL Sky is so over priced its not even funny

david_sobe

On 11/2/2020 at 8:59 AM, david_sobe said:

Yes.  That is why I wrote this thread.  NCL pricing is insane.  They are pricing the Sky as if she is a brand new ship with all the bells and whistles.  Someone needs to remind FDR that no matter how many times you change the carpet on the Sky, she is still a 25 year old ship 🙄

Right after Del Rio took over and made Sky "all inclusive" for the 3 and 4 day itineraries I did a quick before and after comparison of the prices. "All inclusive" Sky was 3 times what it was before which is enough to keep me away since I can't drink that much to justify the extra cost.

• 2 years later...

It's now March, 2023 and relative prices haven't changed much for the Sky.  Suites are priced very high but one can still find a balcony for a much more reasonable price.  Don't really understand the delta for the club suites because they're really not much larger than a standard balcony. 

On 11/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, HowardK said:

It was bad karma when FDR said "Once people are on our ships they spend money like there's no tomorrow"

I spent 92 cents on the Joy's 5 day cruise to Mexico.  My credit card was never charged, maybe because it was so low. So I would be a disappointment to FDR. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

I spent 92 cents on the Joy's 5 day cruise to Mexico.  My credit card was never charged, maybe because it was so low. So I would be a disappointment to FDR. 

The 92 cents was tax on a drink while still in San Pedro.

On 10/12/2020 at 8:11 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

With me...identical itineraries.  NYC to Bahamas...same ports, same time in ports.

March 2020....a month or so before departure...about $1300 cost...sailaway balcony

April 2021....$2200.....no drinks or meals

Farther out....about $2800....no drinks or meals

I am retired and live walking distance to the port.  I can live without excursion credit and extra wifi time. Really, absolutely no reason to book in advance. 

That's a great strategy.  Plus with a last minute booking -  you will be able to research if NCL has cancelled any ports or if similar cruises on that ship have been able to make the itinerary recently.

Edited by kitkat343

52 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

The 92 cents was tax on a drink while still in San Pedro.

Oh man, so FDR only got to keep your money for a couple of months, then he had to turn the sales tax he collected on your behalf to the great state of Cali. He would definitely not be happy with you.