Cunard Account

Vict0riann

We haven't sailed Cunard for 10 years or so, but are booking a TA for next year.  I have been trying to register on line for a Cunard Account, but the website won't let me use my Canadian postal code.  The website acknowledged that we are in Canada,  but doesn't like the 6 letters and numbers, either spaced 3 and 3, or all 6 together.  It also says there is an invalid URN, but I don't know what a URN is!  Help, please!  

Thanks in advance.

17 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We haven't sailed Cunard for 10 years or so, but are booking a TA for next year.  I have been trying to register on line for a Cunard Account, but the website won't let me use my Canadian postal code.  The website acknowledged that we are in Canada,  but doesn't like the 6 letters and numbers, either spaced 3 and 3, or all 6 together.  It also says there is an invalid URN, but I don't know what a URN is!  Help, please!  

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Vict0riann. I'll try to help.

Help me out on where you're seeing a link to create a Cunard account on the Cunard website for Canada. The last I knew, registering for a Cunard account only applied to the UK and the link to register for one only existed on the Cunard UK website. Maybe they added that to the Canada website and I just can't find it. I set up a VPN session to make it look like I'm from Canada, but I'm not seeing a link to register for a Cunard account on the Canada website (at least not on the home page like it is on the UK website).

The URN should be your Cunard World Club Number.

Thanks @bluemarble!  I entered my husband's World Club member number, as I couldn't find mine.  I will take that out and just leave it blank.   And I imagine you are correct, they don't want a non-UK resident to register - I have the same problem with the Royal Mail Philatelic office!  Oh, well, that's their problem, not mine.

Edited by Vict0riann

1 minute ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks again @bluemarble, I tried again without DH's World Club number, and it seems to have worked.  I forgive them!

I'm still confused about where you found a link to register for a Cunard account. Can you fill me in on what URL you are using to create a Cunard account and where you found it?

I get emails from Cunard almost every day, and up at the top it has a link "Log In/Register" so I just went to that.  Now that I have a "My Account"  I'm going to have to figure out how to get them to acknowledge all my previous sailings  on QE2 and QM2, and one as a child on "Ascania"!

Just now, Vict0riann said:

I get emails from Cunard almost every day, and up at the top it has a link "Log In/Register" so I just went to that.  Now that I have a "My Account"  I'm going to have to figure out how to get them to acknowledge all my previous sailings  on QE2 and QM2, and one as a child on "Ascania"!

OK thanks, I understand now. The emails I get from Cunard here in the US may have had that link in the past but I'm not seeing it there in my recent Cunard US emails.

I wonder if that Cunard account you created is actually going to be of any use for you in Canada, especially if you created it by leaving the Cunard World Club number blank. I'll be interested to hear if you manage to get it to do anything useful for you.

I think I did. Certainly there are no bad memories!  I was 10 and it was Holy Year in Rome.  I certainly remember the crowds there.  We had been living in Manila and we took a freighter to the west coast of the US.  I broke a tooth on board, tripping over a bulkhead.  So that had to be repaired and we took the train across  and left from NY, I guess.  We had time in England, and I remember the plaice and chips.  Love at first bite!  Sea journeys were everyday for me - started at 3, so that was just a way to get where we were going.  I have always loved England more than anywhere (I have a British passport as well as my Canadian), so that is what most of my memories of that trip are.

So I'm going to try again today with "My Account" and insert my booking number, to see if that helps.  DH has emailed them to see if they can find my World Club number.  

Can any of our friends in the UK confirm what your "My Account" does for you? The last I knew, all it did was allow you to specify your communication preferences with Cunard. I wouldn't want Vict0riann to go down the rabbit hole trying to get her "My Account" to work only to find out it doesn't show any useful information about her account (such as past voyage history).

4 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Can any of our friends in the UK confirm what your "My Account" does for you? The last I knew, all it did was allow you to specify your communication preferences with Cunard. I wouldn't want Vict0riann to go down the rabbit hole trying to get her "My Account" to work only to find out it doesn't show any useful information about her account (such as past voyage history).

In recent years, the only way I have been able to get my Cunard history is to ask the World Club rep. to print it out on board.