Diamonds International

On 10/16/2020 at 10:26 AM, DaniDanielle said:

Anyone else getting emails from Diamonds International?  I have gotten several, last one telling me they have a necklace and earrings to match my ring.  I feel terrible for them, they must be really hurting to be reaching out like this.😷

I have been getting emails from the other stores. Most of them have launched a very aggressive bounce back email campaign. I understand everyone is trying to get sales in.

But I have no sympathy for and will not feel bad for DI (as a company) at all.

On 10/19/2020 at 11:41 AM, vswan said:

Much speculation about having to take a ship sponsored excursion. Have been wondering how that is going to affect stores like DI and also the locals who have kiosks/open markets and shops. Not sure how you can have tourists safely shop and if you eliminate the shopping portion of the stops that would deeply cut into the benefits of allowing ships into the ports for the locals. I would not be happy to be told that stores giving a kick back to the cruise lines are okay and locals who are struggling are not. I know that those providing the excursions would benefit, but what about the restaurant/bars who are not part of an excursion.

The onboard shopping folks will host an "excursion" to the DI closet to the ship (they did it pre-covid),,, and maybe a shop crawl. But don't stray from the group, else never get back onboard the ship again.