Anybody Booked on a Future Cruise Where the Ship Changed?

cjdixon4

We were booked on the Brilliance in July 2021 changed to Independence. We received an email then a few days later the cabin assigned. At first the price was much higher but after a few more day the price was adjusted and it was around $400 lower than the original price. No OBC, but a $400 price reduction is good with me.

I have a feeling randomly changing or canceling cruises may be the new normal for awhile. Just because they can, doesn’t mean they should. Tick enough people off, and they’ll start planning other vacations that have less chance of being changed. Heck, I’m thinking of cashing in some of my FCC, because I’m not sure when I will be able to use them. 

Edited by ATC cruiser

On 10/24/2020 at 4:35 PM, firefly333 said:

I wasnt offered any obc either and I think it was a step down from allure to liberty. It was take it or ,leave it.

The first announcement WAS “take it or leave it,” but a few days later other options were offered.  Fortunately, I found out about them on FB because our TA never notified us. When I called her and sent proof (emails friends had received), she “put in the request” to change to move our Inaugural Galveston Allure sailings (4 night with the following 7 night B2B) to B2B 7 night Symphony.

After 2 weeks with no response, I called Resolutions who found no record of that request.  They contacted the TA and the day before the deadline to move, we were successfully shifted to Symphony as requested (same weeks -November 2021- and the same prime hump OS location as originally booked on Allure).  The new cruises were more than double the fares of the original, but our price was protected - more than making up for the frustration and airfare now required.  

We were not so lucky when our August 2020 Liberty Western Caribbean, April 2021 Adventure TA (18 nights Galveston to Copenhagen), and B2B 7 night Scandinavia-Russia were canceled.  We opted for refunds,  We saw the writing on the wall and moved our October 2020 Port Liberty- Galveston Repositioning to Radiance Vancouver-Hawaii (10 night now redeployed - refunded - and booked the Ovation 8 night instead) and moved Jewel Rome to Galveston TA to the Ovation TP before they were canceled.

We remain hopeful for the new Galveston terminal and larger ship as we live an easy 4 hour drive from Galveston.  We have booked Liberty in July and Explorer in August .... with fingers crossed.

I was booked for Freedom Nov 7 2021 and it changed to explorer. Also itinerary changed by removing Antigua and replacing it with St Croix . I was not happy especially since Freedom had so much more going for it and I love Antigua. I was able to change to Odyssey of the seas for Nov 11th I got and upgraded cabin and 9 days for the same price per day (extra 2 days). Also a stop at Co Co Cay and I will save some on airfare as its much cheaper to get to Ft Lauderdale instead of Puerto Rico

Thanks Royal Caribbean 🙂 

we found out from reading on cruise critic that our nov 21' sailing on the explorer our of miami was changed to the radiance with a completely different itinerary. We then checked our portfolio on the rccl website and sure enough we are now on the radiance. New cabin has been assigned on the same deck and category on the new ship....We still have not been notified of the change by rccl...I talked with my TA and told her about the change and how upset we were with loosing the abc's and changing to the ports that the radiance will visit and she advised my that rccl said they have no problem in switching the ship and stops because they are "similar"........If we had cancelled we would have lost money because of the non refund deposit and thus we are going to go on the cruise. The other sticking point was trading the explorer for the radiance...We have sailed on the brilliance, jewel, rhapsody and radiance and the explorer tops all of them in food, service and entertainment.....But rccl says they are similiar. My wife and i have been loyal to rccl and are humble diamond members, but i now know that rccl could care less, it is now what have your done for me lately on their part......sad but true.

Well lets see -

Our Brilliance for 8/30, 9/12 & 9/20 for 2021 were changed to the Jewel - the 8/30 was cancelled outright. It took a month to get our cabins assigned (none to the original location) but our TA was able to get our orrignal ones. The funny thing is that the 9/20 had a cabin assigned 2 weeks before 9/12. No extra OBC's but were price protected.

Our Explorer for 4/15/2022 was being changed to the Radiance - same number of days and itinerary but not offered to transfer the booking, price protection.............they said that the Explorer is cancelled and a refund will be made for the deposit.

We did have 3 Jewel cruises in October 2021 cancelled - originally was out of Barceloa on a Med itinerary with the last of the B3B a TA to Miami. Jewel was moved to the Baltics - only an OBC was offered and no price protection - could rebook at the "new" prevailing prices!!!!! There wasn't any ship replacement for the Med itineraries.