CWC Current Program

Oceangoer2

Sorry for the repeat question asked in another thread but I'm a little confused re the wording in the program....are they hinting that cruising in 2021 is more than iffy by X stating "move booking by Nov. 30/20 for cruises 6/12/20 to 5/4/22" ......to receive best price for re-booked sailing;  if not moved by then, receive FCC?  I have to make a decision to move a cruise or receive FCC on a 12/22 cruise by this year Nov. 30 or am I misunderstanding?   Thanks in advance for your response.

Celebrity’s “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before November 30, 2020, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, to opt-in for Celebrity’s “best price guarantee” on their current sailing, or cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) move their booking by November 30, 2020 to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing or (ii) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise.

I don't read anything into it.   The program was initially introduced to give people confidence to either keep their bookings or to book something new in an attempt to help their cash flow.   It originally was for bookings made prior to 8/20 then extended to 9/30 and now 11/30.    I think you can look at it like the airlines waiving change/cancel fees as a way to make people reduce risk of making a new booking.

I actually find the Lift & Shift part of the program pretty generous although it has it flaws as it doesn't apply to every sailing due to differences in ships and itineraries from year to year.

27 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't read anything into it.   The program was initially introduced to give people confidence to either keep their bookings or to book something new in an attempt to help their cash flow.   It originally was for bookings made prior to 8/20 then extended to 9/30 and now 11/30.    I think you can look at it like the airlines waiving change/cancel fees as a way to make people reduce risk of making a new booking.

I actually find the Lift & Shift part of the program pretty generous although it has it flaws as it doesn't apply to every sailing due to differences in ships and itineraries from year to year.

thanks for your help.  Probably reading too much into it as you say.