How is FCC applied to costs for future cruise?

dream2cruise

For those who have already used FCC, how is it applied to expenses for a new cruise?

Example:  $1,000 FCC

New Cruise:  $900 Cruise Fare, $250 taxes and port fees, $130 VPP, $195 Prepaid Gratuities

Would the $1,000 FCC apply to costs other than just the cruise fare?  Would we lose out on $100 for the new cruise or have it “banked” for another future cruise?

Thanks for your help.

21 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

For those who have already used FCC, how is it applied to expenses for a new cruise?

Example:  $1,000 FCC

New Cruise:  $900 Cruise Fare, $250 taxes and port fees, $130 VPP, $195 Prepaid Gratuities

Would the $1,000 FCC apply to costs other than just the cruise fare?  Would we lose out on $100 for the new cruise or have it “banked” for another future cruise?

Thanks for your help.

Future credit credit is only applied to cruise fare.  Sometimes it can be turned into OBC 

I've heard of it being turned into obc, but each cruise I've booked cost more than the rest. For some reason $37 didnt transfer, all the rest did including paid taxes and fees from prior cruise. 

So mine did cover taxes and fees twice. Not sure what VPP is. Insurance I am guessing. 

My stock obc even transferred but bonus for rebooking less, so lost $50 obc in the rebooking. 

My ta said he doesnt know why they refunded the $37, as I owe more than that at final payment. Each time has been handled by carnival a little different.

• 2 weeks later...

When my March cruise was cancelled and I rebooked for September the FCC covered the fare plus port fees and taxes. I had insurance through a third party and didn't prepay gratuities as I usually wait and do that closer to the cruise but held off this time due to the possibility of not sailing, so can't speak to those. I ended up only owing $12 on the new booking. 

I have just had another two cruises cancelled and I always see the FCC offered. I think it means future cruise credit, but what does that mean ? When I rebooked there wasn’t any discount on my new cruise. I did get the $300 on board credit, but can someone explain the FCC, please ?

8 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

I have just had another two cruises cancelled and I always see the FCC offered. I think it means future cruise credit, but what does that mean ? When I rebooked there wasn’t any discount on my new cruise. I did get the $300 on board credit, but can someone explain the FCC, please ?

FCC is Future Cruise Credit. You can use it to reduce the cost of your next cruise. If the next cruise is less than the FCC, usually the balance will remain as FCC. Must be used on the Same cruise line but not necessarily the same ship. There may be a deadline on when it must be used to book the next cruise and when the cruise must be taken by.

21 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

The fcc is issued for 100% of your cancelled cruisefare. It should be exactly the amount you paid. 

Yes it's a future cruise credit. It should be applied to your already booked or apply to a new booked cruise. If it isnt contact whomever you booked with. It's not a discount, it's what you already paid applied to a future cruise.

28 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

It's credit for your fare for the rebooked cruise.

If the cancelled cruise fare was $1500, you have a full cruise credit of $1500 to apply to the fare of any cruise you book to replace the cancelled cruise. 

Edited by cruizergal70

21 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

I just booked a new Carnival cruise through a TA, using my Future Cruise Credit (FCC).   At first, my deposit showed up on my invoice but the FCC did not, which upset me because I told the TA I wanted the FCC applied and the TA said it would be.  So I had to call the TA back and hassle them a bit before both my deposit and the FCC showed up on my invoice.   Note that the FCC cannot be used toward your deposit, you must pay the deposit separately.  Also, the OBC  that comes along with the FCC did not show up on my invoice either, but I am not too worried about that since I know in Carnival's records that OBC is connected to the FCC.    (Sorry about the acronym soup . . . )

35 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Note that the FCC cannot be used toward your deposit, you must pay the deposit separately.  Also, the OBC  that comes along with the FCC did not show up on my invoice either

It's absolutely not true that the fcc cannot be used toward the new deposit. My TA used it toward the deposit and cruisefare 2 out of 2 times. Next booking is for next sept, last one was last month. 

If your TA convinced you to pay another deposit find a better TA.

Also my obc showed up on my receipt. Even my stock credit transferred to next Sept. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It's absolutely not true that the fcc cannot be used toward the new deposit. My TA used it toward the deposit and cruisefare 2 out of 2 times. Next booking is for next sept, last one was last month. 

Also my obc showed up on my receipt. Even my stock credit transferred to next Sept. 

Correct. If the FCC covers the cost of the cruise. You are still required to pay the tax and port charges. Not required to pay any deposit. Again. If you have an overage it will usually stay as FCC to be used for another cruise. 

5 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Correct. If the FCC covers the cost of the cruise. You are still required to pay the tax and port charges. Not required to pay any deposit. Again. If you have an overage it will usually stay as FCC to be used for another cruise. 

I've never had a cruise I booked where the fcc covered the cost of the cruisefare. Each cruisefare was more than the last. I will have a balance due. But it was used for my deposit. That's why I booked too close in and got cancelled. The prices for later in 2021 had already risen. Wish I had just booked further out as this last time only got $50 obc incentive. Last time I had $100 obc, so I lost $50 obc having to rebook.

I guess my TA is just excellent, as he did this twice and confirmed the new 750 obc. Sept 2021 now.

Edited by firefly333

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The TA (Costco Travel) put me on hold and spoke to Carnival and then came back and told me this.   Next time I guess I will press them on it if they try to do it again, or just bite the bullet and pay more by booking directly through Carnival. 

18 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

The TA put me on hold and spoke to Carnival and then came back and told me this.   Next time I guess I will press them on it if they try to do it again, or just bite the bullet and pay more by booking directly through Carnival. 

I'll be honest I dont understand the math. This is my receipt for sept 2011. Its applied in 2 parts, again idk why, I was paid in full for a oct 2020 cruise that got cancelled.

What surprised me is carnival transferred my obc from stock to a cruise so far in advance. 600 rebooking, 100 obc from owning ccl stock, 50 from booking incentive att. 

It shows my 750 obc on the receipt my ta sent to me. You can also see next June I owe about 250 more at final payment. So fcc didnt completely cover the new cruisefare. Only one taxes and fees, it's a solo booking. 2nd time I've gotten cancelled by carnival and both times he transferred to new and I had to pay more at final. Hope this is last canc by carnival.

20201104_211248.jpg

13 hours ago, dream2cruise said:

I was able to put a 96 hour hold on a cruise and called Carnival the next day.  They took care of transferring $$ from cancelled cruise to new booking with no trouble at all.  It was much easier than I expected.

I did the same on Saturday and Carnival called me on Tuesday to move the cruise over. This was my first time booking directly with Carnival online so I was surprised that one of the PVP's called. The process was faster and easier than moving my other canceled cruise with my TA.