Can FCC (Future Cruise Credit) be used to pay for booking on courtesy hold?

plettza

Having had another cruise cancelled by Carnival, I'm deciding whether or not to take the Future Cruise Credit and bonus onboard credit of $900AUD.  I've been browsing available and found another that's about the same price as the cancelled one and it already offers $500AUD onboard credit; adding the bonus onboard credit would give me $1400 in total.  I was able to simply put this cruise on courtesy hold without paying anything.  Now, the terms and conditions from Carnival state that FCC can't be used as a deposit.  But what if I simply call up and move the FCC straight to the courtesy hold booking?  I'm happy to call but obviously, I don't want to tie up Carnival's phone lines unnecessarily. 

The deposit on this new cruise is $300.  The total of the $300 deposit plus the FCC would be higher than the cruise fare.  I believe I forfeit any FCC above the  cruise fare.

Has anyone done this without laying down a deposit first? 

I have done this twice now, first time my PVP did it, was more complicated due to choices but new cruise was just a few dollars cheaper than the canceled one. The second one was an easy switch over and a call to CS was all it took. Didn’t have to pay any additional deposit either time. 

I rang Canrival and was able to elect FCC + OBC bonus and transfer that my courtesy-held cruise on which I hadn't laid down a deposit.

I'm just waiting for everyhting to show up in the planner.

Easy peasy ... I was able to put a 96 hour hold on a reservation and call Carnival the next day to take care of transferring things over from cancelled cruise.  Be a happy camper and try to brighten their day when you call.  They have to be bombarded right now with all the cancellations so it must be pretty rough on CS Reps.