Come sail with me on a virtual cruise to Hawaii on Ruby Princess

ellie1145

On 9/25/2021 at 4:42 AM, Westaussie said:

Thank you Ellie for another great review.  So glad you made it home ok and also that your son is doing well.

Look forward to your next reviews! 

Take care

Vera

Thank you Vera (Westaussie). 

Until a few days ago things were looking more normal, but Omicron has reared its ugly head and thrown everything up in the air again. 

I hope to be able to start another review shortly, and hope you will join me again. Its been great to have you along. 

Take care and I wish you a happy and healthy 2022.

On 9/25/2021 at 4:50 AM, barbpretz said:

I'm a quiet but avid follower of every word you have written.  Thank you so much for keeping me happily entertained all through this pandemic.

Please say that you will be posting about each of your subsequent cruises!  And please post the links here so we don't miss them.  As long as you are cruising, I'm sure that we will want to keep coming along with you!

Hello, barbpretz, its been great to have you along, and I am so pleased that I have been able to entertain you during this awful time.

I have had a bit of a break but have 5 more cruises under my belt, so watch this space! I’d love to have you along on another of my little adventures. Sadly not such exotic places as Fiji and Hawaii, but wonderful cruise nevertheless. 

Take care and keep safe!

On 9/25/2021 at 3:01 PM, RLK33853 said:

Same here Ellie - thanks for taking us along on an adventure when we couldn't travel.  You are an excellent storyteller!

Ray

Thank you, Ray (RLK33853) for your kind words. It’s much appreciated.

If/when I start my next adventure I hope you might rejoin me again. 

Take care and keep safe!

On 9/25/2021 at 7:19 PM, gubby said:

I am so pleased that I happened on to this review, Ellie. Not only did it bring back great memories of our Hawaii cruise in 2010, and our cruise to Tahiti in 2018, but your writing style and beautiful photos helped to alleviate the stress caused by this horrible pandemic. I am happy to hear about the recoveries made by you, your spouse and your son. Continue to snuggle that beautiful and precious grandson. I look forward to reading more from you.

Hello, gubby, thank you for posting. I appreciate your kind words.(my silly spell checker unknowingly changed your name to ‘grubby’ so it’s a good thing I checked before pressing ‘submit!’)

It is always good to know that my little adventures have given you some respite from this awful pandemic.

We have, I’m afraid, spent quite a lot of time cuddling our beautiful grandson, who is struggling to crawl, and spends much time on his feet now. He now reaches out to us when we visit, and even gives us the occasional sloppy wet kiss, bless him.  It won’t be long before he is walking I think. He has brought such joy and happiness to our miserable world and we are so grateful to have him in our lives.  

Take care and stay safe! 

Thomas will do anything to get at the TV remote!

30717C1A-49C6-4B1B-92C2-AACF6707B1D2.jpeg

Edited by ellie1145
  • Like 1

I will definitely watch for another revue from you. We were supposed to go on a world cruise in January but Princess cancelled it. Instead we are going to take Sky Princess from Southampton to Iceland and back in June, 2022. I would love to have you take that one as well. We are also hoping that Omicron doesn't interfere with our plans. I am so glad your son is better.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 5:52 PM, margord said:

So gad you made it home safe and sound.  So sorry about you feeling so bad on the plane.  I would love to read more of your reviews.  I thoroughly enjoyed each one I have read.

Thank you, margord, I am so pleased you were able to sail along with me. 

I hope to be able to start a new review soon, and would love you to join me.

Take care and keep safe!

On 9/27/2021 at 2:52 AM, chipz said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed your review.  You have a wonderful writing style, keeps me waiting for the next entry, and I loved the photos.  I also love taking photos of my travels.  I consider them my souvenirs, and enjoy revisiting my travels when I see them.

Sending the best of wishes to you and your family.

I will look forward to joining you on your next virtual cruise. 🚢

So glad you have enjoyed my review. Thank you for your kind words. 

I love taking photos as, with increasing age, it enables me to remember what we did. I really love the fact that RCI has the days of the week on the floor of their elevators, and this changes each day - means I never need to worry about remembering which day it is, I just hop into the lift and there it is, MONDAY or whatever! 🤣

It’s a great way to revisit one’s travels, and I’m pleased to hear that you, too, take photos. 

I hope to be able to start another review soon, so watch this space, and come along and join me.

Keep safe and well! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Not too late to book a cruise for March out of Los Angeles.  I will see you onboard.  I need someone to teach me how to Trivia....

Malama Pono.

Malama Pono to you too. 

Sadly, we have a Caribbean cruise booked on Emerald in April, which is a replacement for the cruise that got cancelled early in the pandemic. Otherwise we would be there like a shot! Fingers crossed our paths will meet one day, as I would love to hear more of your stories of Hawaii.

We will certainly invite you onto our Trivia team! 

But who knows what the new year will bring. As countries are banning us from visiting already, who knows if we will set foot in the USA in the near future. 

Fingers crossed we all remain safe and well. 

18 minutes ago, katisdale said:

I will definitely watch for another revue from you. We were supposed to go on a world cruise in January but Princess cancelled it. Instead we are going to take Sky Princess from Southampton to Iceland and back in June, 2022. I would love to have you take that one as well. We are also hoping that Omicron doesn't interfere with our plans. I am so glad your son is better.

That’s great to hear, katisdale, and I hope to have a new review very soon.

I will keep everything crossed for your cruise in June. We loved our cruise on Sky back in September, and I’m sure you will have a wonderful time, all being well. 

Take care and keep safe!

On 12/14/2021 at 5:55 AM, ellie1145 said:

Thank you Vera (Westaussie). 

Until a few days ago things were looking more normal, but Omicron has reared its ugly head and thrown everything up in the air again. 

I hope to be able to start another review shortly, and hope you will join me again. Its been great to have you along. 

Take care and I wish you a happy and healthy 2022.

We're open to overseas flights but not cruise ships yet, probably not till October 2022 for the summer season here.  Had another cruise cancelled....

Look forward to joining you on your next review.

Best wishes to you and your family for the new year.

• Thanks 1