Second Round of Mardi Gras sea trials begins

BlerkOne

1 hour ago, GMRPHRN said:

So, CCL hasn't taken posession of the ship yet?  Don't they need to get to US waters soon  so they can fulfill all those CDC requirements before February 6?

Heck no. and doubtful. Not sure the CDC suggestions apply to new builds, but if so, Carnival  would maybe get the shipbuilder to certify before they take possession.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Heck no. and doubtful. Not sure the CDC suggestions apply to new builds, but if so, Carnival  would maybe get the shipbuilder to certify before they take possession.

Well I am going to hold on to that with lots of hope!  did I mention I need a vacation?

I'll take that as good news.  Things are moving along.  I'm booked on the Mardi Gras for November 2021, and we're just a few weeks away from 2021 and better times.  At least that's what I'm rooting for.

Edited by naxer
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Yes, the CDC requirements (not suggestions) apply to all ships, whether new or not, and not sure what the shipyard could "certify" towards those requirements. Most have to do with operations, which the yard has nothing to do with, and those that require structural changes have come about so recently, that change orders would not likely have been possible to implement in construction.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Yes, the CDC requirements (not suggestions) apply to all ships, whether new or not, and not sure what the shipyard could "certify" towards those requirements. Most have to do with operations, which the yard has nothing to do with, and those that require structural changes have come about so recently, that change orders would not likely have been possible to implement in construction.

The CDC suggestions don't apply to ships not in the US, but the judge's order would apply the ship if it were to come into the US and the ship builder could certify that any environmental concerns related to the ship were met.

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The CDC suggestions don't apply to ships not in the US, but the judge's order would apply the ship if it were to come into the US and the ship builder could certify that any environmental concerns related to the ship were met.

Quite aware the CDC requirements don't apply outside the US, but the ship is coming to the US.  You brought up the CDC, and not the judge.

As for the judge's requirement for certification, she does not care what the shipyard says it has installed on the ship.  The judge wants the CEO to certify, so that he is legally responsible for any inaccurate statements, and that certification goes way beyond what equipment is installed by the shipyard.  Again, the vast majority of problems come from operations.  And, as the environmental concerns were found as part of port state control, the judge has the jurisdiction to ensure that the laws are complied with anywhere in the world.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Quite aware the CDC requirements don't apply outside the US, but the ship is coming to the US.  You brought up the CDC, and not the judge.

Okay. The CDC suggestions are subject to change. The ship isn't due to sail in the US until February. By then, the US will have one or more vaccines and a new President.