Down to 7 days

fox02554

Allowing me to stay on the ship for the 2nd 7-night sailing when I've tested negative seems that I'm less likely to spread the virus than someone boarding for the 2nd leg who may test negative when embarking but picked up the virus on their way to the port and spread it once on board.  So why wouldn't I be allowed to sail my B2B?

Of course, since my sailings are 1/9 & 1/16, it's highly unlikely they'll sail at all.  Just trying to understand the logic.

Seattle, Wash., Nov. 10, 2020 — Holland America Line has reviewed the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Framework for Conditional Sailing and is seeking additional clarification to fully understand the requirements. While we await further information, we have (temporarily) stopped selling all cruises eight days and longer which call upon a U.S. port and depart January 1 through November 1, 2021.  For those who are currently booked on one of these cruises, we ask for your patience to receive further information from Holland America Line on whether your cruise is impacted.

12 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Allowing me to stay on the ship for the 2nd 7-night sailing when I've tested negative seems that I'm less likely to spread the virus than someone boarding for the 2nd leg who may test negative when embarking but picked up the virus on their way to the port and spread it once on board.  So why wouldn't I be allowed to sail my B2B?

Of course, since my sailings are 1/9 & 1/16, it's highly unlikely they'll sail at all.  Just trying to understand the logic.

I like your thinking as we are also booked b2b. Hope you are right. 

18 hours ago, Harrylinden said:

I was looking at Alaska land then cruise for 2022 and there are none? I can only see the 7 day cruises,no land part?? Wonder why that is? I can see the 18 day land/cruise I want to take for July 2021 though?????

They go on sale November 24th. @AtlantaCruiser72 posted in another thread:

Update:  Land & Sea Journeys will go on sale on November 24th

image.png.b508c2f58ec5e5e498de837ffef79660.png

On 11/7/2020 at 10:23 AM, FredT said:

If anything, they would probably cut any port EXCEPT  HMC.   HMC is a perfect port.   No chance for anyone to pick up corona there, no large population that "may" infect someone, and lastly, no where to spend your money that does not come back to the company.  (Not that they care about THAT of course! 😁  )

HMC is part of the Bahamas.  The Bahamas is now requiring every visitor to obtain a Health 

On 11/7/2020 at 10:23 AM, FredT said:

If anything, they would probably cut any port EXCEPT  HMC.   HMC is a perfect port.   No chance for anyone to pick up corona there, no large population that "may" infect someone, and lastly, no where to spend your money that does not come back to the company.  (Not that they care about THAT of course! 😁  )

HMC is part of the Bahamas.  The Bahamas is now requiring all visitors to obtain a Travel Heath Visa before arrival.  Among other things, there is a fee, and a requirement for a negative Covid test before arrival.