Princess Cruises extended pause anouncement

Just now, By The Bay said:

They show up as unavailable on my browser. 😒

Sorry , that's really weird. Can you open the link in the original post at the top of this thread? Half way down the page or so is an active link to a list of pdfs. I'll add it here - hopefully it'll open for you. I'm in Australia so it shouldn't be a regional prohibition...

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

That link works fine. That is some list. It has to be hurting the bottom line. 😒

For sure! I guess that'd be why they're fund-raising...that's a great rate of interest if a person had money to invest and felt sure that they would *whispers* get their money back at the end of the arrangement.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-plc-announces-upsizing-and-pricing-1450

2 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

For sure! I guess that'd be why they're fund-raising...that's a great rate of interest if a person had money to invest and felt sure that they would *whispers* get their money back at the end of the arrangement.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-plc-announces-upsizing-and-pricing-1450

I will not be taking up their offer. "The Notes are being offered only to persons reasonably believed to be qualified institutional buyers". That rules me out. Not that I would be tempted.

The thinking is they don't have to put up their ships as collateral and that the buoyant mood on Wall Street, with the positive vaccine news, will result in the Notes being snapped up quickly. They might even be oversubscribed. 😲

• Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 2:58 PM, By The Bay said:

I will not be taking up their offer. "The Notes are being offered only to persons reasonably believed to be qualified institutional buyers". That rules me out. Not that I would be tempted.

The thinking is they don't have to put up their ships as collateral and that the buoyant mood on Wall Street, with the positive vaccine news, will result in the Notes being snapped up quickly. They might even be oversubscribed. 😲

Not saying this is a high risk investment but they do say there's one born every minute.

• Like 1