Which 2022 Northern European sailing?

PhillyTravelBug

Since our Mediterranean sailing on Celebrity apex was canceled this year, I am going to purchase another European cruise for a Christmas present this year.

I was set on the Norway, Scotland, Iceland cruise on the Star.

However, I recently found this 10 day itinerary on the Star that marks off a lot of countries I have been wanting to visit.  The first cruise appeals to me because exploring more of Norway has been a bucket list for myself, and Iceland is on the top of my list.  First one is August of 2022 and the other is September of 2022.  Any thoughts or preferences?  Also, I have sailed in the Sun, getaway, and Bliss. We both love lounging, dining, and the thermal spas while in the shop. How is the Star?

D9F6F871-DE70-4114-82E3-5B3109186167.jpeg

C05542B7-8B33-4A7D-A65F-5DD6B1257423.png

For me the Norway & Iceland all day long for the scenery & Norwegian Fjords and I would also finish the trip with a few days (week if you can) in Iceland as it's an amazing country.
If you prefer city visits the other would be a good trip but taking into account Southampton is nearly 2 hours from London & Le havre is over 2 hours from Paris.

Edited by ziggyuk

4 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

For me the Norway & Iceland all day long for the scenery & Norwegian Fjords and I would also finish the trip with a few days (week if you can) in Iceland as it's an amazing country.
If you prefer city visit the other would be a food trip but taking into account Southampton is nearly 2 hours from London & Le havre is over 2 hours from Paris.

I had a feeling a few of the ports are far away from the city it promoting (London/Paris).  Our last cruise was Alaska and loved the scenery. I prefer the scenery more while my other half prefers city life and restaurants more. Although, he did not realize how much he was going to enjoy Alaska until we were viewing it all. This is a tough one. The Fjords have been on the top of my list for years.

11 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I had a feeling a few of the ports are far away from the city it promoting (London/Paris).  Our last cruise was Alaska and loved the scenery. I prefer the scenery more while my other half prefers city life and restaurants more. Although, he did not realize how much he was going to enjoy Alaska until we were viewing it all. This is a tough one. The Fjords have been on the top of my list for years.

That makes it tricky.
I guess it also depends how much of Europe you have already seen, living in the UK I see some of the European ports as a bit everyday but of course that trip would cover a lot of European cities if you have not been before.
Iceland with it's Glaciers and Geezers and Norway for it's Fjords are amazing but again you will only touch Norway with that trip so if you have further plans to return for a longer trip it could also influence your choice.
For me though, like you, the scenery wins every time.
I self drove Norway and the Fjords a few years ago and can't wait to see them again from ship which I have planned for next year.

21 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Take a look at the Azamara site for the July ‘21 North Cape. A similar itinerary is available, in slightly different forms, on many lines on lots of different dates. That particular one goes from Southampton to Oslo.

One of the CC hosts has posted beautiful pix to that thread, take a look for some ideas.

Cheers,

Doc Ruth

• Thanks 1