when I used my credit from RCC they applied it by lowering the total cost of the cruise, showing no deposit.  When I apply for insurance should I use the price shown, or should I use the price of the cruise including the credit?

If I'm wrong or misunderstanding the question,  I'm sure I'll be corrected. Steve is the expert here.

You can only insure what your out of pocket costs are.

For example:

If the flights would be $2000 to travel, but I cash in frequent flier points, I cannot list the cost of travel as $2000. Frequent flier points have no cash value. (What I can do is insure the cost of whatever the fee might be to "rebank" the frequent flier points. Whatever that fee that the airline might charge for that service)

Hope that helps

9 hours ago, babsie222 said:

when I used my credit from RCC they applied it by lowering the total cost of the cruise, showing no deposit.  When I apply for insurance should I use the price shown, or should I use the price of the cruise including the credit?

Hi babsie222,

Was the future cruise credit you received from a trip that was cancelled due to the Coronavirus? And is the  Future Cruise or Travel Credit equal to the amount of money you had prepaid for the cancelled trip?

Steve Dasseos

35 minutes ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi babsie222,

Was the future cruise credit you received from a trip that was cancelled due to the Coronavirus? And is the  Future Cruise or Travel Credit equal to the amount of money you had prepaid for the cancelled trip?

Steve Dasseos

I cancelled the cruise before RCC did.  It was for the $250. deposit. I used the future cruise credit as a downpayment for another cruise..  

1 hour ago, babsie222 said:

I cancelled the cruise before RCC did.  It was for the $250. deposit. I used the future cruise credit as a downpayment for another cruise..  

Hi babsie222,

There are policies you can get. Neither CruiseCritic nor myself want you to reveal personal information on this forum.

If you don't mind, would you email me the following information? My email is steve@tripinsurancestore.com

- Where do you live?
- What are your age(s)?
- What are your travel dates?
- What's your per person prepaid trip cost (not an average) with airfare, if any?
- When is your Final Payment due?

Or you may call us at 1-888-407-3854.

Thanks, Steve Dasseos