Ryndam embarcation accessibility in Tampa

HalFan

We'll be taking the March 5th southern Caribbean cruise on the Ryndam, leaving from Tampa. My 90 year old father will be accompanying us. How is the accessibility at the HAL check-in area at the pier?

My dad can walk a short distance (ie from his room to the Crow's Nest), but would need to sit down after a while if it's quite a distance. Is there seating if you have to wait to check in? How far do you need to walk from the curb (where a cab would drop you) to the ship?

I know that I can request a wheel chair from HAL, but if it's a short distance and check-in is rapid he really doesn't need it.

I'd love to hear your comments on your recent experiences in Tampa.

Barbara

I'm in a similar situation. I had no problem walking around the ship but I have to use a cane for any distance or length of time on my feet. I would definately suggest a wheelchair for the check-in procedure. Our line wasn't that long (although certainly long enough) but it seemed like every other person in front of us had some problem that took forever to resolve.

You can pretty much drop him off right at the door and there are chairs about 50 feet from there! Of course there is the standing on line issue to address so a wheelchair would probably be in order for that. It's a great embarkation and debarkation terminal. We parked just about at the front door!! Loved it and will cruise out of Tampa again just for that wonderful convenience. There seemed to be very few drivers also so we were right next to the gate.

Archived