Pre-Existing Coverage when Cruise Cancelled Twice

Steve

Quick question regarding pre-existing coverage when cruise was cancelled.  We have purchased Travel Insured for our original cruise in early 2020,  You had moved the coverage to our next cruise in May of 2021,  but that cruise was also canceled (both cancellations were done by Princess) no claims were made.  You have now moved our coverage to our new cruise for 2022.  My question is,  with all the cancellations and moving insurance to different cruises,  will the pre-existing coverage still be in affect?  When first policy was purchased,  it was within the pre-existing coverage time.

Thank you for your time.

31 minutes ago, CruiseNut24 said:

Steve

Quick question regarding pre-existing coverage when cruise was cancelled.  We have purchased Travel Insured for our original cruise in early 2020,  You had moved the coverage to our next cruise in May of 2021,  but that cruise was also canceled (both cancellations were done by Princess) no claims were made.  You have now moved our coverage to our new cruise for 2022.  My question is,  with all the cancellations and moving insurance to different cruises,  will the pre-existing coverage still be in affect?  When first policy was purchased,  it was within the pre-existing coverage time.

Thank you for your time.

Hi CruiseNut24,

> with all the cancellations and moving insurance to different cruises, will the pre-existing coverage still be in affect?

Yes, the pre-existing coverage carries over to the new trip.

For the new trip, if your prepaid non-refundable trip cost ends up being more than you have insured, you will have to increase the coverage to keep the pre-existing coverage.

Steve Dasseos

• 1 month later...

Follow up question:  AS the last two cruises were cancelled and we were given Future Cruise Credits,  my upcoming cruise (2022) was paid for with these credits ( except for $400 for taxes and fees).  I understand the credits are not covered under the insurance we purchased,  but are the other coverages still in effect.  Things like medical and so on?

Again,  thank you for your time.

3 hours ago, CruiseNut24 said:

Follow up question:  AS the last two cruises were cancelled and we were given Future Cruise Credits,  my upcoming cruise (2022) was paid for with these credits ( except for $400 for taxes and fees).  I understand the credits are not covered under the insurance we purchased,  but are the other coverages still in effect.  Things like medical and so on?

Again,  thank you for your time.

Hi CruiseNut24,

The credits are covered if they are not bonus credits and they represent money you had paid for prior trips.

Do you have one or two policies that need to be re-used?

Steve Dasseos

Guess I was not clear enough.  The upcoming cruise was paid for using Goodwill credits.  We received back the original money for the cruise cancelled.  We use credits only the Cruise company gave us for cancelling our original cruise, along with reimbursing us for the original monies paid.so for the upcoming cruise, we only had to pay $400 out of pocket for taxes and fees..  You have already transferred the insurance original purchased to our cruise in 2022.   Just making sure we have the insurance to cover medical and all other items under the insurance.

Thanks - hope this explains things.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:09 PM, CruiseNut24 said:

Guess I was not clear enough.  The upcoming cruise was paid for using Goodwill credits.  We received back the original money for the cruise cancelled.  We use credits only the Cruise company gave us for cancelling our original cruise, along with reimbursing us for the original monies paid.so for the upcoming cruise, we only had to pay $400 out of pocket for taxes and fees..  You have already transferred the insurance original purchased to our cruise in 2022.   Just making sure we have the insurance to cover medical and all other items under the insurance.

Thanks - hope this explains things.

Yes, you clearly explained this.

Specifically, what per person trip cost did you insure? And, will you have airfare or other prepaid trip costs to insure?

I don't know who you are, so if you want, call me at 1-888-407-3854 or email me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com, so I may give you the exact answer for your policy.

Thanks, Steve Dasseos