IF THINGS WERE NORMAL

newjoisey

instead of abby nornal i would right now at 7:37 am be on the qm2 ,in kings court putting my PLATES of breakfast on a table . It would be coffee ,OJ,scrambled cheese eggs [3 scoops],much BACON,sausage [not the british morning hot dawgs] ,hash browns ,toast/butter . It would be cold outside ...we would usually walk out of our cabin on deck 6 and go aft outside then to 7 but if too cold it was the stairs to 7. We would probably be off the carolinas coast having left red hook the 21 st heading for the carib xmass cruise but nnnnnnnnoooooo .........the coronavirus  has me watching south park,futurama and waiting/plotting to ambush my evil robot vacuum cleaner. Well its 8:10 if i close my eyes i can almost hear a voice ..........................................................................................."may i clear these dishes sir"  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, newjoisey said:

instead of abby nornal i would right now at 7:37 am be on the qm2 ,in kings court putting my PLATES of breakfast on a table . It would be coffee ,OJ,scrambled cheese eggs [3 scoops],much BACON,sausage [not the british morning hot dawgs] ,hash browns ,toast/butter . It would be cold outside ...we would usually walk out of our cabin on deck 6 and go aft outside then to 7 but if too cold it was the stairs to 7. We would probably be off the carolinas coast having left red hook the 21 st heading for the carib xmass cruise but nnnnnnnnoooooo .........the china virus has me watching south park,futurama and waiting/plotting to ambush my evil robot vacuum cleaner. Well its 8:10 if i close my eyes i can almost hear a voice ..........................................................................................."may i clear these dishes sir"  

You remind me of how I started Dec. 23, 2019 on QM2  (and how this morning should be) except I would have opted for table service in Britannia E80A2E7E-0856-4B65-8B55-468E4BDC64ED.thumb.jpeg.2acdc6bc432c990d417c63a8e2340b9d.jpeg

10:30 have to kill some time because room service is doing their thing ssssssoooo off to the library then back to the room for a nap. Wife is half way through the daily programmer and putting the times in her phone for things to attend through out the day . My plan is to get a double cheese burger at noon ....far off plan is tea time and a plate of clotted cream on something or a chocolate "moose" hunt or both...then a nap 

1 hour ago, newjoisey said:

10:30 have to kill some time because room service is doing their thing ssssssoooo off to the library then back to the room for a nap. Wife is half way through the daily programmer and putting the times in her phone for things to attend through out the day . My plan is to get a double cheese burger at noon ....far off plan is tea time and a plate of clotted cream on something or a chocolate "moose" hunt or both...then a nap 

1030? oh, that means I have a half hour to kill before bloody mary time. Maybe a spin on the prom if the weather is nice.....Or better yet, if it's nice, a trip to the hot tub and the stewards can drop grapes in my mouth....wlll figure out what to do later after a yummy lunch in the Princess Grill.......sigh...!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newjoisey said:

instead of abby nornal i would right now at 7:37 am be on the qm2

We were booked on this year's QM2 Christmas/New Year Caribbean voyage also.   *** sigh ***

It was due to be the celebratory conclusion to a work project in the US.  The alternative was all the work (much of it in the middle of the night from here in Australia) and none of the QM2.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, newjoisey said:

Today (Dec 22) is/was to be embarkation day in Brooklyn so at 10:30 you'd be cooling your heels to board or reboard.

port o day in woulda/coulda /shoulda abby norma cruise.........breakfast is 3 waffles with a thick coating of butter n syrup and of course plate o bacon ,sausage. Then off to the royal theater for our lickum stickem numbered/colored group sticker. 45 minute wait until we follow a girl with a pingpong numbered/colored paddle to a bus. A one hour bus ride ,going past oprahs house, then a safety briefing on how to escape the kraken excursion ...survivors then ride one hour back[passing oprahs old house] . Back on the ship its a dash up to 12/13 to broadway cafe double burger then book reading on deck chair 

• Haha 1