'Signing' into Cunard Website

Cruise NH

No, you are not missing anything obvious. There is no way I know of to log in to your Cunard World Club account to check your FCC, at least not from the US.

The only way I know of to check your FCC amount online yourself is to start a booking on the Cunard website and see what FCC amount is applied toward the end of the booking process, after you enter your Cunard World Club number, but before actually paying for the cruise of course.

The process is outlined on this page of the Cunard US website.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/contact-us/guide-to-booking-online/using-fcc-online

Your FCC amount is shown when you get to the step "Where will my FCC deduction be shown on my booking?"

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

,On the UK mobile site, there is a banner at the top of the screen.

Once you log in the banner changes to show the amount of FCC on my account. ...

Excellent! It's great to see they have rolled out the functionality for you to view your FCC amounts when you log in to the Cunard UK website. Unfortunately the "Login | Register" function that's so prevalent in the top menu of each page on the Cunard UK website does not yet exist on the Cunard US website. I think we in North America are stuck with the process I mentioned above to check FCC amounts using the booking process (or else contacting Cunard or our travel agent) until similar login functionality is implemented over here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information.  I did try to do a booking with my world club number and couldn't get off the input page.  It doesn't show any errors...it just won't do anything.  I'll try again later.

It's unfortunate that Carnival doesn't provide the same web experience across their lines.  On the Holland America site you can sign in, see your voyages, how many sea days you have and some of your preferences.  

40 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Thanks for the information.  I did try to do a booking with my world club number and couldn't get off the input page.  It doesn't show any errors...it just won't do anything.  I'll try again later.

It's unfortunate that Carnival doesn't provide the same web experience across their lines.  On the Holland America site you can sign in, see your voyages, how many sea days you have and some of your preferences.  

Unfortunately the booking process on the Cunard US website will just keep you on the "Guest Information" page with no error message if it detects a mismatch between what's entered for either the "First name" or "Last name" and the "Cunard World Club number". It will also keep you there with no error message if the entered "Cunard World Club number" is invalid.

Double check what you have entered for your name and Cunard World Club number. I think all valid US Cunard World Club numbers are nine digits followed by a letter such as "123456789A". Sometimes Cunard World Club numbers are listed with a "CU" prefix. Make sure you are not including that "CU" prefix.

If that still doesn't work, then I'm not sure what is going on. I can tell you the Cunard US website's booking process is recognizing my Cunard World Club number. I don't have any FCC anymore though, but it did show my FCC amount during the booking process until they processed my refund request a few months ago.

8 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

I found the problem, they wanted a capital 'B' after my world club number...wow.  

Glad you found the problem. Just so I'm clear, had you been trying to enter a lower case 'b' instead of a capital 'B' at the end of your US Cunard World Club number or had you been omitting that letter?

My wife and I share the same Cunard World Club number for the leading 9-digit numeric portion of the number. Mine adds an 'A' suffix while hers has a 'B' suffix. I believe that's a typical arrangement for US Cunard World Club numbers within the same family. And yes, that suffix does need to be entered in upper case or it won't be recognized as valid.

Another bit of trivia is that if you ever sail with Princess Cruises, I think you may find they use the same number for your Princess Captain's Circle number as well.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed a short time ago that the Cunard US website now has a "Login | Register" function. I must say, somewhat to my surprise, it actually allowed me to register and it recognized my US Cunard World Club number. Just a couple minor idiosyncrasies to report.

It accepts entry of your birthdate (to verify your Cunard World Club account) in the usual month/day/year format typically used in the US, but it initially shows "DD" in the month field and "MM" in the day field which is slightly confusing at first glance. The month field has a drop down list showing the names of the months, so it's obvious what is intended in the end. Then once you have created your account, it displays your birthday in day/month/year order, but that's no big deal.

The registration process requests one phone number, a mobile phone number. Then once your profile is created it also displays a field for home phone populated with "None submitted" and with no way to also provide a home phone number that I can find.

I don't have any FCC to verify if that functionality is working yet in the US. Otherwise it appears to be the same facility for specifying your marketing preferences which those of you in the UK have been describing to us here in the US for several years now.

11 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I noticed a short time ago that the Cunard US website now has a "Login | Register" function. I must say, somewhat to my surprise, it actually allowed me to register and it recognized my US Cunard World Club number. Just a couple minor idiosyncrasies to report.

It accepts entry of your birthdate (to verify your Cunard World Club account) in the usual month/day/year format typically used in the US, but it initially shows "DD" in the month field and "MM" in the day field which is slightly confusing at first glance. The month field has a drop down list showing the names of the months, so it's obvious what is intended in the end. Then once you have created your account, it displays your birthday in day/month/year order, but that's no big deal.

The registration process requests one phone number, a mobile phone number. Then once your profile is created it also displays a field for home phone populated with "None submitted" and with no way to also provide a home phone number that I can find.

I don't have any FCC to verify if that functionality is working yet in the US. Otherwise it appears to be the same facility for specifying your marketing preferences which those of you in the UK have been describing to us here in the US for several years now.

I went through that login, it was useless for FCC.  It's more of a marketing tool.  Thanks.

Bluemarble, thanks for finding this. I registered - seems as though the email Cunard has used to contact me for the past decade was not recognized. Different databases, indubitably.

I had hoped that some functionality would be present that is useful to me. Things like currently booked voyages, record of previous voyages, World Club status, FCC status, maybe even FCD status (if any). It seems that, at least for now, it is only a means of specifying marketing preferences.

Perhaps they will expand it in the future...of course, I'm still waiting for the "Booked Guest" portion of their system to provide me with the stateroom number on my current reservation.

Just for my own amusement, I attempted to register & log in.

The site seems to have inflexible password rules - rejecting the Safari generated 'strong password'.

Likely the rules enforce the typical 'difficult to remember, easy for a machine to guess' passwords.

31 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

I went through that login, it was useless for FCC.  It's more of a marketing tool.  Thanks.

Sorry to hear it's not showing any FCC information for you after logging in. Is it not showing your FCC amount in a banner at the top of the page when logged in and starting a voyage search as Host Hattie indicated it is showing for her in the UK in the screen shots she posted above? If not that's a shame.

I've noticed the banner at the top of my voyage search results now changes from this (where it says "If you would like to use any Future Cruise Credit (FCC) ...")

image.thumb.png.ca23671b156cfba66c450103572860af.png

to this banner after I'm logged in (where it states "If you are expecting to see Future Cruise Credit (FCC) ...")

image.thumb.png.dfd1cdd2bb5102dcbdff0829756ee6eb.png

But then I don't have any FCC, so I'm not expecting to see any. It does take several seconds for that new banner to display for me after I log in which at least gives me the impression that it might be trying to lookup up an FCC amount to display for me at that point.

I have noticed that once I'm logged in, it now auto-populates most of my passenger information during the booking process, including my Cunard World Club number. So that could facilitate finding FCC amounts by starting a booking although that's still a cumbersome way to accomplish that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kmerlin14 said:

I actually do have a cruise booked but have never been able to sign into the website to look at it. 

Looking at an existing booking is a different process from the "Login | Register" process we have mostly been taking about here and which was just recently added to the Cunard US website within the past few days at "cunard.com/en-us/login" (and which I see is also there now for Canada). That login gets you to your "My Account" profile and references which is not specific to any particular voyage or booking.

You're probably already aware of this, but looking at an existing booking is done starting from this "my.cunard.com" URL to login to what's called "My Cunard".

https://my.cunard.com/en-us/mycruise/login

Assuming you are having trouble accessing your booking starting from this page, let us know specifically what error message you are getting and perhaps we can point you in the right direction.

I think it's a shame Cunard hasn't implemented a single account login process as other lines have done where you can manage your account details and all the voyages you have booked in one place from a single login.

Edited by bluemarble

2 hours ago, ExArkie said:

My belief is that Cunard, in trying to recreate the glamorous past of ocean crossings, has decided that their IT systems should also be 1920s vintage.

So their servers are driven by coal fired steam boilers?

That would explain much.

[Curnard web site programming by Lady Ada Lovelace, hardware by Babbage and Tesla Ltd.]

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Assuming you are having trouble accessing your booking starting from this page, let us know specifically what error message you are getting and perhaps we can point you in the right direction.

I think it's a shame Cunard hasn't implemented a single account login process as other lines have done where you can manage your account details and all the voyages you have booked in one place from a single login.

It asks me for my booking number, name, and birthdate. I put them all in and get the little fadeout working-on-it symbol that never goes away. The cruise is still almost a year and a half away but I thought it would be fun to go in and just look at it so I can have the fun of planning it even if we don't get to take it.

Definitely not urgent. It's more fun to fantasy plan it with out-of-date guidebooks than COVID-reality plan it. I was more curious about formal themes which wouldn't be posted yet anyway. I thought there was a Victorian Ball theme for the Queen Victoria and I was wondering on the dress code for that one. The Queen (the one in Buckingham Palace) is planning a bit of a do around the time we will be sailing so I expect Cunard will want to do something at some point during the voyage. I was also wondering about ships transfers to a hotel near the airport because I think traffic will be nuts because we disembark during the big do. I suspect she'll want to make a big deal of it since no else has ever done it before and she probably wants to give British tourism a boost after COVID.

30 minutes ago, kmerlin14 said:

It asks me for my booking number, name, and birthdate. I put them all in and get the little fadeout working-on-it symbol that never goes away.

That's a tough one to diagnose. I was hoping your were going to report an error message such as "We have been unable to validate your log in details, please try again." That often points to a misspelling in your name or a mistake in the birthdate recorded on your booking (or else an incorrect booking number).

1 hour ago, kmerlin14 said:

I thought there was a Victorian Ball theme for the Queen Victoria and I was wondering on the dress code for that one. The Queen (the one in Buckingham Palace) is planning a bit of a do around the time we will be sailing so I expect Cunard will want to do something at some point during the voyage.

The Victoriana Ball theme is not one that's been held all that often in recent years. My past dress code documents for QV show it has been on the schedule about two or three times a year since 2018 (more than that in prior years). But that might well be one of the themes they schedule to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. Here's the description I have for that theme.

Formal Wear
Gentlemen – Suits, waistcoats or shirts
Ladies - Victorian style dresses
Appropriate hats for both ladies and gentlemen

1 hour ago, kmerlin14 said:

I was also wondering about ships transfers to a hotel near the airport because I think traffic will be nuts because we disembark during the big do.

The one Cunard transfer within Southampton I am aware of is the shuttle to the area of the Westquay Shopping Centre (which might work for you). There might be others I don't know about though. Unfortunately my recollection is that the "My Cunard" site provides very little information about Cunard transfers. In the past there has been a link to an external third-party site where you can arrange your own private transfers.

Thanks Blue Marble. Now I'm hoping they don't do the Victorian ball because my husband was thinking of bringing his kilt instead of a tux since we are going around Scotland and we have to be strategic about luggage. And I couldn't remember about the transfer details on the Cunard site since we've usually just taken a taxi before, but that was a nightmare in Vancouver so I thought we'd try a transfer this time since I assume the Jubilee will make traffic difficult.

Glad to help when I can @kmerlin14. On a totally different subject, I see you have some excellent photos in your posting history that appear to be ports we haven't seen yet in our "Where in the world?" port photo game thread. I'd like to encourage you to post some of those port photos of yours in that thread so we can add them to our list of Cunard ports seen there and keep that thread going a little longer.

4 hours ago, kmerlin14 said:

I was also wondering about ships transfers to a hotel near the airport ...

My bad for somehow not picking up on the "near the airport" part of your question. The shuttle to Westquay won't help much with that. If you mean the Southampton Airport, here's a link to a previous thread about that.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2692458-southampton-to-airport/

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Glad to help when I can @kmerlin14. On a totally different subject, I see you have some excellent photos in your posting history that appear to be ports we haven't seen yet in our "Where in the world?" port photo game thread. I'd like to encourage you to post some of those port photos of yours in that thread so we can add them to our list of Cunard ports seen there and keep that thread going a little longer.

didn't have time to read all 85 posts, but I did post one that I suspect wasn't covered. And it was the Heathrow airport I think we will have to aim for because some day it might actually have a flight to Halifax again and we can drive there from here. Very few planes even flying from here right now because our province is locked down.

Just now, kmerlin14 said:

didn't have time to read all 85 posts, but I did post one that I suspect wasn't covered. And it was the Heathrow airport I think we will have to aim for because some day it might actually have a flight to Halifax again and we can drive there from here. Very few planes even flying from here right now because our province is locked down.

Thanks for taking me up on my suggestion and posting a photo on the "Where in the world?" thread. Looks like a good one.

Oh yes, for Heathrow and Gatwick airports, Cunard usually offers a variety of transfer options for purchase including shared coach, private sedan, minivan and large van. Unfortunately I've never seen those offered on the "My Cunard" site.