Southampton to airport?

roger3858

We’re getting the TA from NYC to Southampton in December and then are flying home from Southampton airport. I’ve seen various posts talking about coach transport to London airports - is there a Cunard transport to Southampton airport from the cruise terminal or is it just easier to get a taxi after disembarkation?

Easy to get or best to pre-arrange?

Many thanks!

10 hours ago, roger3858 said:

We’re getting the TA from NYC to Southampton in December and then are flying home from Southampton airport. I’ve seen various posts talking about coach transport to London airports - is there a Cunard transport to Southampton airport from the cruise terminal or is it just easier to get a taxi after disembarkation?

Many thanks!

I'd say allow at least thirty mins Mon-Fri, especially before ten am.

Taxis are readily available outside the terminal.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Cunard does sell a motor coach transfer to Heathrow, not sure of the current price.  They do take some time to board the coach and get everyone on board.  I understand that Cunard also sells an expensive private car transfer to Heathrow.  We have used Smiths for Airports to book our own, cheaper and more comfortable than a cab.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 10:00 PM, roger3858 said:

Many thanks!

Suggest booking At www. westquaycars.com if your plans change you can call and amend the pick up time....have used them before and can recommend their service👍

• 3 weeks later...

There are loads of taxis at the cruise terminal. Be warned that Southampton is not a very nice airport, it is very small with nowhere decent to sit and poor food options available. Also some of the staff are real “jobs worth’s”, especially about carry on bags - trust me, we have experience 🙄

Edited by socialdancer

13 hours ago, Balticdream said:

I find Southampton airport much more relaxed than Horrible Heathrow and Ghastly Gatwick myself.

I quite agree. They pride themselves on passengers having to wait no more than ten minutes at security, though I'm sure they sometimes fail, the security staff are polite, and airside, there is a pleasant café/bar from which one can watch the planes landing and taking off. It actually seems like an airport not a shopping mall. 

And, of course, it has huge significance in the history of UK aviation.