Le Champlain schedule puzzle

jonikal

Curiously Ponant's website is showing the dates for two Le Champlain sailings that are overlapping:

The first is Iceland Mosaic, Reykjavik to Reykjavik 7 nights, 8/20/2021 to 8/27/2021.

The second (and the one we are booked on) Greenland and Newfoundland, Reykjavik to St Pierre and Miquelon 10 nights, 8/22/2021 to 9/1/2021.

Perhaps we are we missing something obvious? 

There is a massive shuffle of ships going on for 2021. I am supposed to be on Le Soleal in November, she has been repositioned to Australia/NZ during that time. It will sort itself out - a massive logistical exercise for all of the cruise companies. And some of the cruises will still be cancelled as a result. 

The good news for Ponant is that almost all of their ships fall into two basically identical classes, so moving reservations to another ship in the same class is much simpler than for many other cruise lines.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The good news for Ponant is that almost all of their ships fall into two basically identical classes, so moving reservations to another ship in the same class is much simpler than for many other cruise lines.

Jazz, you are, as usual, totally correct.  Just spoke to a Ponant rep and she informed me that there had been a switch and that we were now on the sister ship, Le Dumont d'Urville, same cabin and layout but newer version of Le Champlain.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jonikal, we are booked on this too, and I also noticed the overlap as well.  Ponant told my t/a that our original cruise was the correct one, the other doesn't really exist.  I really wonder if it will go, though, I can't imagine Canada will be ready for cruise passengers by Summer? 

They won't give me my deposit back, though, so we will just wait.

Yes, we're awaiting new itineraries for 2022 and 2023 in the hopes there's something we like to move our booking to.  As my father used to tell me when I was little and impatient, "All will be revealed in due time." 🤪