World Cruise?

gkthorn

10 hours ago, Djptcp said:

We love Holland America and while we have never taken a Grand World cruise, HAL ships, crew, food, destinations are remarkable and elegant and we have thoroughly enjoyed every one of our HAL cruises. We have sailed on the Zaandam (2022 World Cruise ship) and it's an older, more intimate ship. Holland America will be posting its 2023 127-day World Cruise on Jan. 18th.

128-Day Grand World Voyage Holland America

SHIP Zaandam
DEPARTS
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US
ARRIVES
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US
JAN 3, 2022

MAY 12, 2022
MORE DATES & FARES- 128-DAY GRAND WORLD VOYAGE
Inside From
$22,499*

Wow, $22k pp is a lot of buckarooskis. To be able to afford that, I’d have to remove the auto-gratuity LOL

Edited by crooooze
  • Like 1

Just for more reference, my wife and I are booked on the Island Princess (Princess cruise lines) out of Fort Lauderdale, January 5, 2022; 111 day world cruise that returns to FLL at the very end of April.  Total for an obstructed ocean view for 2 is about $46 k.  Definitely a LOT of $.  However, the promotion that they ran last fall was, at this rate,  all inclusive for their drink package, unlimited WiFI, and all gratuities included.  (plus $1,700 in OBC and a few speciality restaurant dinners included as well).   This is about twice as much per day as we usually pay for Carnival, but it is with Princess, does come with gratuities, WiFi and drinks and does include the port charges for about 50 ports.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, vp1 said:

Just for more reference, my wife and I are booked on the Island Princess (Princess cruise lines) out of Fort Lauderdale, January 5, 2022; 111 day world cruise that returns to FLL at the very end of April.  Total for an obstructed ocean view for 2 is about $46 k.  Definitely a LOT of $.  However, the promotion that they ran last fall was, at this rate,  all inclusive for their drink package, unlimited WiFI, and all gratuities included.  (plus $1,700 in OBC and a few speciality restaurant dinners included as well).   This is about twice as much per day as we usually pay for Carnival, but it is with Princess, does come with gratuities, WiFi and drinks and does include the port charges for about 50 ports.  

Sounds close to normal Princess per day prices. The main reason round the world cruises are higher is because they are longer.

• Thanks 1

Here are two I.  just priced in Australia one 14 nights one 107 nights, both about $325 pp pd Balcony, now that is way more than I was booking for last year (about $225-250), but that is a different issue

B90D5F97-CFE5-4C5D-BF7C-523F3A24B55E.png

5291EA93-4D62-4048-9A3E-6510A6B36C05.png

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2021 at 5:18 AM, crooooze said:

Wow, $22k pp is a lot of buckarooskis. To be able to afford that, I’d have to remove the auto-gratuity LOL

We've never taken HAL, but have considered.  I see on their itinerary that they have a Round Trip from Hawaii from San Diego.  It's a 17 day with plenty of Sea. Days which we love.  

We've done this trip with Princess and loved it.  If you've taken this one before could you tell me a little bit about how it was and some of the activities they had on board.  Also, if you have experienced, Verandah or one of their Signature Suites would appreciate that info too.

My wife is retiring at the end of 2022 and thought this would be a nice celebration cruise for her, since she loves those sea days.

TU

Glenn ♠️

Just now, gkthorn said:

We've never taken HAL, but have considered.  I see on their itinerary that they have a Round Trip from Hawaii from San Diego.  It's a 17 day with plenty of Sea. Days which we love.  

We've done this trip with Princess and loved it.  If you've taken this one before could you tell me a little bit about how it was and some of the activities they had on board.  Also, if you have experienced, Verandah or one of their Signature Suites would appreciate that info too.

My wife is retiring at the end of 2022 and thought this would be a nice celebration cruise for her, since she loves those sea days.

TU

Glenn ♠️

Oops meant to from San Diego to Hawaii.