Cabin Availability

Host Jazzbeau

41 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I've done just one Silversea cruise, the Muse this past Dec. I was upgraded from a Vista to a Classic Veranda. Since the cruise was not sold out I assumed that everyone in non balcony suites were upgraded so that they didn't have to provide crew for those cabins.

Could well be true.  The 6 Vista cabins are the only cabins on Deck 4, though they do seem to include the only 3 specifically wheelchair accessible cabins on the ship.  If there was no demand for any of these, I can see why they'd just move the few pax in those cabins to a more centralized location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Could well be true.  The 6 Vista cabins are the only cabins on Deck 4, though they do seem to include the only 3 specifically wheelchair accessible cabins on the ship.  If there was no demand for any of these, I can see why they'd just move the few pax in those cabins to a more centralized location.

There are upgrades and then there are moves.   A true upgrade to me would be getting moved to say a verandah suite to an upper tier suite like a Silver or Medallion.  I have never done the math but I’m guessing 80% +/- of the cabins on Silversea are verandah/vista suites that are more or less all the same except for location.  I don’t see moving within the verandah/vista cabin category an upgrade or certainly not a significant move.  

Edited by Randyk47
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

There are upgrades and then there are moves.   A true upgrade to me would be getting moved to say a verandah suite to an upper tier suite like a Silver or Medallion.  I have never done the math but I’m guessing 80% +/- of the cabins on Silversea are verandah/vista suites that are more or less all the same except for location.  I don’t see moving within the verandah/vista cabin category an upgrade or certainly not a significant move.  

The 6 Vista cabins (and the 6 Panoramas either side of the Owner's suites) on the Muse are the only non-veranda cabins on the ship, so I think the other poster was correct in calling it an upgrade when moved from one of those to a Classic Veranda.  Granted, these aren't huge verandas, but you do wind up with more total space as well.

Vista non-HC = 335 sq ft

Panorama = 334 sq ft

Classic Veranda = 387 sq ft

• Like 2