Prior to COVID we traveled a fair amount and pending any more cancellations have a number of trips, both cruises and land, booked over the next 18 months.  We have Medicare and Tricare in the United States.  Medicare does not cover overseas and we have never tried to use the Tricare.  In the past we have bought individiaul trip insurance even though booking using our Sapphire card so we have been traveling over-insured.  For the future we have booked an annual benefit to take in the shorter (less than 30-day) trips but individual insurance for those that are longer.  Is that the right thing to do or are we again overpaying for coverage?

Thank you. 

15 hours ago, TooOldToCare said:

Prior to COVID we traveled a fair amount and pending any more cancellations have a number of trips, both cruises and land, booked over the next 18 months.  We have Medicare and Tricare in the United States.  Medicare does not cover overseas and we have never tried to use the Tricare.  In the past we have bought individiaul trip insurance even though booking using our Sapphire card so we have been traveling over-insured.  For the future we have booked an annual benefit to take in the shorter (less than 30-day) trips but individual insurance for those that are longer.  Is that the right thing to do or are we again overpaying for coverage?

Thank you. 

Hi TooOldToCare,

> For the future we have booked an annual benefit to take in the shorter (less than 30-day) trips

Which policy did you buy and when did you buy it?

Steve Dasseos

It is a Trawick policy purchased in early 2020 through Squaremouth and was originally to cover 2021 trips, however three of the trips it was due to cover were cancelled by the providers.  I contacted Trawick and they reset the dates to cover 2022.  That sounds reasonable for the several short trips we will do then but we now have three additional trips to cover in 2021 (have individual insurance purchased for two others that got carried over when the 2020 versions were cancelled).  These yet to be covered are two land trips and one short cruise that will then feed into a 2022 world cruise.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, TooOldToCare said:

It is a Trawick policy purchased in early 2020 through Squaremouth and was originally to cover 2021 trips, however three of the trips it was due to cover were cancelled by the providers.  I contacted Trawick and they reset the dates to cover 2022.  That sounds reasonable for the several short trips we will do then but we now have three additional trips to cover in 2021 (have individual insurance purchased for two others that got carried over when the 2020 versions were cancelled).  These yet to be covered are two land trips and one short cruise that will then feed into a 2022 world cruise.

Thanks.

Hi TooOldToCare,

You're welcome.

I don't want to get in the way of whatever you have already been told by Squaremouth, but I need to know a little bit more information.

Is your Trawick policy an Annual trip cancellation plan or Annual medical plan?

Steve Dasseos

13 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi TooOldToCare,

You're welcome.

I don't want to get in the way of whatever you have already been told by Squaremouth, but I need to know a little bit more information.

Is your Trawick policy an Annual trip cancellation plan or Annual medical plan?

Steve Dasseos

It's called a Safe  Travel Annual Executive Plan.  Looks like a combination.  Has 10K trip cancellation.

Paul