Default Itinerary Name

jeremyosborne81

3 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

We are also booked on the Sept. 7 Alaska cruise on the Sun.  My PCC called last week saying that it had not been cancelled yet, but probably would be soon.  Looks like the Sun is on the move now - she is on her way to the Panama Canal.  It will be interesting to see if any of the "exciting news" involves the Sun.

The same 9 day Alaska itinerary for Sept. 2022 is still on the website, it just doesn't have Alaska in the title so it doesn't show up if Alaska is in the search box.  We are booked on this one too.

Thank you for the update...!  Will definitely keep an eye on it...! 

We actually have a different NCL cruise booked for September 2022...but since the September 2021 Sun to Alaska cruise is likely to be cancelled (we were booked on the September 2020 Sun to Alaska that was cancelled, too), we're missing Alaska--so might consider switching if (though just as you say, we think it's more likely to be "when" it's cancelled...not "if" it's cancelled). 

13 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

We are also booked on the Sept. 7 Alaska cruise on the Sun.  My PCC called last week saying that it had not been cancelled yet, but probably would be soon.  Looks like the Sun is on the move now - she is on her way to the Panama Canal.  It will be interesting to see if any of the "exciting news" involves the Sun.

Same cruise here.  Sun has disappeared from cruise mapper until Nov, Yokohama.  It was still showing the shorter Alaska cruises last week.  Not looking good.

7 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I don't think there is any doubt she is heading through the panama canal now, I wonder where she is going? Be interesting if she is heading to Seattle.

image.png.16169a37c503e78ee71127b7b01be456.png

I read somewhere she is headed to Portland OR for drydock. 

52 minutes ago, mianmike said:

Her reported destination was Cristóbal Panama, I guess she could be dry docking there?
It was exciting seeing her heading for the canal, I can dream 😂

Does 2+2 sill equal 5 😂

13 hours ago, mianmike said:

I'm still excited, she is going right through the canal to the Pacific, there has to be a good reason to pay to go through the canal.

image.png.697b617744378a25ebfb419592d1492d.png

5 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I'm still excited, she is going right through the canal to the Pacific, there has to be a good reason to pay to go through the canal.

image.png.697b617744378a25ebfb419592d1492d.png

Yes!  Drydock is a good reason.

• 4 months later...

Looks like the cruise on September 25, 2021 is a go at least for now. I've had my covid vaccines, and as a result of cancer, my Oncologist is recommending a booster. For those of us who have had or have cancer, are you planning on a booster vaccine? I'm not real worried about it since I went to Africa in January and pretty much had the camp to myself with the exception of a crew filming a documentary. I'm wondering how booked this cruise will be. Anyone going on excursions? I'll be cruising solo so hope to meet some of you.

Edited by Rzrbk60

5 hours ago, Rzrbk60 said:

I've had my covid vaccines, and as a result of cancer, my Oncologist is recommending a booster. For those of us who have had or have cancer, are you planning on a booster vaccine?

I will strongly recommend that you take medical advice from your Oncologist and not some anonymous people on the internet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rzrbk60 said:

Got my booster today

Good to hear.  Pro tip: if you don't like what your Oncologist is saying, than find a better Oncologist.  Don't ask a bunch of clowns (like me) on the internet for important medical advice.  I hope your recovery is going well.  Cancer sucks.

• Like 1