Help deciding on suite (Panorama)

Jillian724

We are trying to choose between a Family Harbor cabin or a Family Harbor suite for our family of FOUR.  Questions...

1) Did you think the Family Harbor "perks" are worth it?  Seemed worth trying for $300.

2) The Family Harbor cabin is 185 sq ft for 3700 or the Family Harbor suite is 275 sq ft for 4800.  I'm wondering if it is worth the extra $1,100 for 90 sq feet. We have 2 active boys (7 and 10) and thought the extra space would be nice.  We usually get a regular balcony cabin.

3) We can always consider the Ocean Suite or the Havana.

The family harbor area is a locked lounge where your boys can hang out if you trust them. There are snacks and cartons of milk in a little refrigerator they can grab while they are there with other kids. I doubt the kids at that age would care which cabin you got. People not booked in there cant enter the lounge as their card wouldnt work. A little bit of added security in leaving them there by themselves.

The one I saw, I'm thinking vista, was next to the general hallway, but the door was locked. But they could walk out. 

I have cruised a lot with my sister and her 3 kids. We usually had 2 connecting cabins however there were times when all we could get was 1 cabin and it was TIGHT. The family Harbor did not exist when we traveled together however I would have done it in a heartbeat for convenience alone. Although I don't know what the breakfast actually is (continental or regular buffet items) to grab breakfast there especially on port days instead of the lido with 4000k plus other people would be worth it to me. Plus snacks and drinks throughout the day. Also depending on the kids eat free at most specialty restaurants that could pay for itself ( $300 ) depending how many you will do for the week.

As for the regular room vs the suite. I would do the suite. For a family of 4 for a week cruise that works out to $157 more per night, or $40 per person per night. To have more room, 4 lower beds, a divider between the rooms, (curtain) , larger closet, storage, larger balcony and 1  1/2 bathrooms plus suite amenities of  Priority boarding and priority debarkation it would be worth it to me. You just have to figure out if it is worth if for your family's needs.

I always priced out 2 connecting cabins and 1 suite to see the rates on both and decide from there. Whatever you decide I hope you have a wonderful cruise! 

I wouldn't, I'd get a balcony on lido or one floor above. Best location on Panorama, close to kids clubs, food, water slides, and the fun zone for golf, sky ride, Foosball etc. Depending on how early you book, you could get a balcony and a inside right across for only a little more and have much more space. You can also grab breakfast on four aft if you want a less crowded breakfast option, it's essentially the same set up plus you have the premium coffee right there as well. Also indoor and outdoor seating.

The true advantage to to family harbor are for those booking inside cabins for the extra half bathroom and wanting a rock bottom rate. The suite isn't worth it and the balconies aren't the same as regular balconies, even the premium aft extended. 

Sorry, the comparable breakfast is on deck five, not four, at ocean plaza. Those back elevators are great as well since they don't get used as much. Staying near the middle of the ship at Lido or above will also help with elevators since there will be a elevator going to those floors pretty much all the time and the majority of the fun is in the middle of the ship, easy peasy. If Lido isn't your preferred hang out then deck six would be the best of the lower decks to pick a cabin. Quick and easy stairs to four and five deck. I actually spent a lot of time on those decks. Lots to do.