South Queensferry by train to the Royal Yacht Brittania

matamanoa

Does anyone know how I would get to where  the Royal Yacht Brittania  is birthed from where we tender in South Queensferry.  Years ago, tartanexile gave excellent advice on how to get from the dock into Waverley Station in Edinburgh and we're hoping that she or anyone else will answer with advice on how to get to where the Royal Yacht is.  We will be there in August of 2022.  

Thanks in advance.

Barb

By contacting the visitor's bureau of Edinburgh and by some further research of my own, I have found that there is no direct rail link from the South Queensferry dock to Leith.  We would have to go into Edinburgh and then change to another train that would take us to Leith.  We'll have to do more searching to see if we can come up with the most economical and time related way to get to see the Royal Yacht.

Barb

On 3/4/2021 at 6:57 AM, VMax1700 said:

There is a city bus which goes from Edinburgh and stops outside the entrance to Brittania. Used it a couple of years ago. I think it was Route #22.

My sister used bus transport from Edinburgh to Leith and said it was an easy run.  I was just wondering if I could get public transportation to Leith from the South Queensferry dock without having to go into Edinburgh first.  It would add an extra 25 mins traveling time if done that way, so was hoping that there was some form of public transportation right from where the tenders leave us off in South Queensferry.  From my additional research, it doesn't look to be the case and between getting into Edinburgh by train from Dalmeny station, time in between to change to either another train or bus and then the same on the return trip, would add a lot more traveling time and less sightseeing time.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

Barb

I would check this out on Rome2Rio.com closer to the time (when more normal schedules are in place). It gives you all the options, how long they will take, and approximate costs. You might find that it will work out.