Miami Pre-Cruise Shopping

shiznics

I’ve seen lots of posts about Miami hotels but where are the best places to do some pre-cruise shopping around Miami?  Do you save some airport bag weight and buy some sunscreen and other such things in Miami, and if so where are the best places to go?

When we were to fly into FLL or MIA for our cruise, we were going to purchase the "essentials" while down there (sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, etc) if bag weight was an issue. You always have WallyWorld not too far away. In most hotels we were looking for FLL or MIA, a CVS or similar was always within walking distance. If there is something that is hard to find or essential, I would be sure to bring it with you. One thing I always pack when going to hot humid climates is chafing balm. Not something found too often at stores. 

Until we actually go on a cruise, I am not sure what type of bag weight limit we will hit. I have done some throw together packing to get a weight estimate. It will never be the same as actually packing though. That is when we will determine what we need to buy when we fly.  

11 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

When we were to fly into FLL or MIA for our cruise, we were going to purchase the "essentials" while down there (sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, etc) if bag weight was an issue. You always have WallyWorld not too far away. In most hotels we were looking for FLL or MIA, a CVS or similar was always within walking distance. If there is something that is hard to find or essential, I would be sure to bring it with you. One thing I always pack when going to hot humid climates is chafing balm. Not something found too often at stores. 

Until we actually go on a cruise, I am not sure what type of bag weight limit we will hit. I have done some throw together packing to get a weight estimate. It will never be the same as actually packing though. That is when we will determine what we need to buy when we fly.  

You can find what you need In the downtown area, the Mary Brickell area, just south of downtown, and the Miami Beach area. There are more options in the Brickell and Miami Beach areas than downtown.

In Miami, Bayfront Park has a large shopping complex, just a few blocks south of the entrance to Dodge Island, where the cruise ships dock.  There are CVS stores all over downtown. 

In Fort Lauderdale, there are stores, (including Walgreens right on the corner of 17th Street Causeway and Eisenhouer Blvd where the cruise terminals are) and a shopping center on 17th Street before the bridge, all within walking distance.  There's a CVS on the corner of 17th St Causeway and US1.