Magic - Cove Balcony - Overnight in Bermuda

cellfree

Because I have no idea where ships dock in Bermuda when they stay overnight, is it a good idea to choose a Cove Balcony (have always wanted to try one) or is it better to be on a higher deck? What would the view be like from a Cove Balcony on the Magic while docked in Bermuda? 

Carnival docks at the King's Wharf area of the Naval Dockyards.  It is well away from the more built-up area of Hamilton.

We stayed in a cove balcony on Breeze overnight in Bermuda - it was fine.  Either a view of the dock area or a view of the open water of the bay.

5 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Carnival docks at the King's Wharf area of the Naval Dockyards.  It is well away from the more built-up area of Hamilton.

We stayed in a cove balcony on Breeze overnight in Bermuda - it was fine.  Either a view of the dock area or a view of the open water of the bay.

Any idea how Carnival ships dock at the Kings Wharf area, for instance would the Port or Starboard be alongside the Dock? Or perhaps they vary and it is wait and see. 

3 hours ago, cellfree said:

Any idea how Carnival ships dock at the Kings Wharf area, for instance would the Port or Starboard be alongside the Dock? Or perhaps they vary and it is wait and see. 

Yes, either the port or starboard side will be against the dock. No way to know in advance.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:04 AM, cellfree said:

Because I have no idea where ships dock in Bermuda when they stay overnight, is it a good idea to choose a Cove Balcony (have always wanted to try one) or is it better to be on a higher deck? What would the view be like from a Cove Balcony on the Magic while docked in Bermuda? 

The Dream docked in Bermuda.

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

Edited by SF Cfan
Added 2nd Pic.

13 hours ago, SF Cfan said:

Yes, the starboard side in this instance was facing southeast with more of a view to the island.

I guess I'm confused about the original question: at the dock in Bermuda, the side of the ship next to the dock faces the Naval Yards, whereas the other side look across the bay to the larger portion of the island where Hamilton is located, etc (I'm treating Bermuda as one hook-shaped island, even though it is technically seven or so different islands linked by (often very short) bridges).  No matter where you look, you are looking at the island.