Picking a 2023 World Cruise

procrastiknitter

I had very much liked the 2022 QV World Cruise itinerary, but in the end decided it was too iffy to book, and was anxiously awaiting the release of the 2023 schedule. Now that I’ve seen it, I feel a little bit let down. Neither the QM2 nor the QV itinerary appeals to me as much as QV’s 2022. Considering how much this is going to cost me as a solo traveler, it feels like it should be something that really thrills me. There is a lot that I like on each voyage, but I just wish the best parts of each could be combined. But I also feel like if I don’t do it by 2023 I never will.

I have only done transatlantics  on QM2  (which I love)and have never been on Victoria (which I imagine I would love also).

So, thoughts, advice? If you’re taking one of these voyages, what made you choose that one?

We were booked on 2021 QV World Cruise and also booked 2022. The only one which does  a World Cruise is QV.  A beautiful friendly ship with excellent staff.  The QM2 is also a beautiful ship with excellent staff and also a planetarium/cinema.

It all comes down to the ports of call, as we love all 3 Queens.  We are booking QV for 2023.

2 hours ago, procrastiknitter said:

... I just wish the best parts of each could be combined.

Why not?

Check the dates for the ports that you really want to do on each itinerary. You're unlikely to get a perfect match but would changing ship halfway give you most of what you want? Is there a convenient port to change ships? (If they're not there on the same day, make sure the one you're getting off is there before the one you're getting on😄)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Why not?

Check the dates for the ports that you really want to do on each itinerary. You're unlikely to get a perfect match but would changing ship halfway give you most of what you want? Is there a convenient port to change ships? (If they're not there on the same day, make sure the one you're getting off is there before the one you're getting on😄)

For example,

QV: Southampton > New York > San Francisco > Sydney (11 Jan - 1 Mar)

QM2: Sydney > Cape Town > Southampton (11 Mar - 23 Apr)

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 12:51 PM, Cruise Wonderland said:

For example,

QV: Southampton > New York > San Francisco > Sydney (11 Jan - 1 Mar)

QM2: Sydney > Cape Town > Southampton (11 Mar - 23 Apr)

That is very tempting, and something I’m considering but I would hate to miss Hong Kong and Singapore.