Coco Cay Cabana Prices!

If you think you may want a cabana, and you find the current price "a little on the high side" rather than "offensive and insanely overpriced", book the cabana.   If it does not drop between now and the cancellation date (3 days prior the cruise I think), you can always cancel and get a full refund.   If it DOES drop, simply call and secure the lower rate. 

The danger of waiting is that they sell out.   Now you're SOL at any price.   There's 7 of us going this Sept 2021, so $599 for a reserved space with a cabana attendant, towel and water service, a secure locker and an outlet for charging phones was a no brainer.  

If you have a sizeable group that may want to go to the waterpark it's even more of a no brainer since the $499 cabana price included waterpark passes ($71 each).... 6 times $71 = $426 so the cabana costs $73!

I get it that everyone has a different perspective on travel and where they find value.   To me the cabana is well worth it simply because our group just needs to show up, and the onboard all-inclusive service experience transfers with us to the island.  

If you're RC you want to maximize your revenue - if you have enough people willing to pay $2,000 per cabana, why would you price them at $500?   I get it that some budget minded people will feel like they are priced out of the experience, but RC isn't a non-profit and they've got shareholders and lenders to answer to.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeff30189 said:

If you think you may want a cabana, and you find the current price "a little on the high side" rather than "offensive and insanely overpriced", book the cabana.   If it does not drop between now and the cancellation date (3 days prior the cruise I think), you can always cancel and get a full refund.   If it DOES drop, simply call and secure the lower rate. 

The danger of waiting is that they sell out.   Now you're SOL at any price.   There's 7 of us going this Sept 2021, so $599 for a reserved space with a cabana attendant, towel and water service, a secure locker and an outlet for charging phones was a no brainer.  

If you have a sizeable group that may want to go to the waterpark it's even more of a no brainer since the $499 cabana price included waterpark passes ($71 each).... 6 times $71 = $426 so the cabana costs $73!

I get it that everyone has a different perspective on travel and where they find value.   To me the cabana is well worth it simply because our group just needs to show up, and the onboard all-inclusive service experience transfers with us to the island.  

If you're RC you want to maximize your revenue - if you have enough people willing to pay $2,000 per cabana, why would you price them at $500?   I get it that some budget minded people will feel like they are priced out of the experience, but RC isn't a non-profit and they've got shareholders and lenders to answer to.  

I believe if the cabana price goes lower you have to cancel what you have and then rebook it...Not sure you can just call and get it repriced....at least that's how it's worked for us in the past. Two entirely separate transactions.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:52 PM, Djsmrs said:

Even the day passes are insane.    For our April 2022 cruise (which was meant to be April 2021) a day pass for the beach club was about$100, now they're $250'ish.    There's no way I'm dropping a G-note to sit by the "fancy" pool for the day - it'll be beachside for this crew.

Hopefully they come down - but this is absolutely bonkers.

We got the day pass for September 2021 for $61.  Same cruise, one month later in October?  $165.  People are paying it, so why keep the price low?

• 3 months later...