Will Carnival allow me to move my booking?

Teampayne2

Did the airlines cancel your flights? I don't see why they would cancel flights that far in advance. As far as your cruise booking, any penalty may be moot because Carnival could cancel your cruise if this shutdown hasn't ended by August. Many people don't believe cruises will resume until Fall or even 2022.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mondello said:

Did the airlines cancel your flights? I don't see why they would cancel flights that far in advance. As far as your cruise booking, any penalty may be moot because Carnival could cancel your cruise if this shutdown hasn't ended by August. Many people don't believe cruises will resume until Fall or even 2022.

why not reschedule their flights?  and it is new poster..   

17 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Why not reschedule your canceled flights? 

Because I believe that the cruise we have booked for this August may well be cancelled anyway and to save even more disappointment I'd rather move it to next year.

In addition to this we also have the worry of if the boarders will be open to international travel.

5 minutes ago, Teampayne2 said:

Because I believe that the cruise we have booked for this August may well be cancelled anyway and to save even more disappointment I'd rather move it to next year.

In addition to this we also have the worry of if the boarders will be open to international travel.

You should be able to move it with no penalty.  I would however try to see if Carnival will shift your final payment back a week or two, giving you more time for them to cancel and thus you would receive the 600 in OBC to use for your cruise next year.  If you're antsy about it, you should be able to change it to next year at this time with no penalty involved, others have reported on the boards that they have accomplished this.  Good luck

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You should be able to move it with no penalty.  I would however try to see if Carnival will shift your final payment back a week or two, giving you more time for them to cancel and thus you would receive the 600 in OBC to use for your cruise next year.  If you're antsy about it, you should be able to change it to next year at this time with no penalty involved, others have reported on the boards that they have accomplished this.  Good luck

Thank you, that's great

We have moved three Carnival cruises to a later date without penalty.  All were booked at Early Saver rates.  These were all moved before final payment date.  I'm not certain how flexible Carnival will be after the final payment date.  You should ask them about that when you call.  Unfortunately, Carnival has recently been cancelling most of their cruises one month at a time after final payment date.  Several posters have reported that they have been able to get Carnival to extend the final payment date.

I moved our September Journeys cruise to next year...reason...Carnival IF they start cruising wont do longer than a 7 day cruise until November, and our Journeys cruise was 10 days.  The woman told me there would be a 50 dollar per person charge.  I told her I knew that the cruise was going to be cancelled,  told her why, and she hemmed and hawed, and then agreed with me, and changed it with no charge...

I would try Carnival first, to see what they offer.... and then if they do charge you, then change your flight.  Unless the flights are because England has decided that you shouldn't visit America, which right now, while airlines really want to get you on a flight, the WHO and the CDC say-Stay home.

Good luck.

Cancelling your flights at this time was a good first move. You wouldn't be holding airline tickets if and when the cruise is cancelled. If it was me, I would keep the cruise booking, wait and see if Carnival cancels your cruise; especially if you can get them to extend your final payment date like others said. Then you may end up with an extra $600obc to rebook. Even if the cruise isn't cancelled, you can rebook your flights about 6 weeks before the cruise and may even end up with lower airfare.