all NY cruises now showing sold out until late October.

knitlady037

Ha, aren't we all wishing, hope and change.  Alas, we have extended families north of the borders up in Canada and they are still dealing with getting the most at-risks vaccinated while doing contact tracing against "small" scale outbreaks ... apparently, tiny clusters associated with mostly domestic but a handful of international flights.  A lot can change over the next 6 months but in the grand scheme of recovery planning, just don't see the cruise industry able to ramp up and make any Canadian ports this Fall for the beautiful foliage season - it is still possible.  

But, if there is a last minute sailing and booking deals, to/from NYC this Fall or even winter ... hell, our bags can be quickly packed & updated, our NYS digital vaccination passes ready, and car service can most definitely take us to Pier 88/MCT in 20 to 30 minutes on a given weekend.  We'll even do Cape Liberty and I am seeing better pricing next Spring over NCL's bundled deals.  

... until then, virtual cruising is it. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Ha, aren't we all wishing, hope and change.  Alas, we have extended families north of the borders up in Canada and they are still dealing with getting the most at-risks vaccinated while doing contact tracing against "small" scale outbreaks ... apparently, tiny clusters associated with mostly domestic but a handful of international flights.  A lot can change over the next 6 months but in the grand scheme of recovery planning, just don't see the cruise industry able to ramp up and make any Canadian ports this Fall for the beautiful foliage season - it is still possible.  

But, if there is a last minute sailing and booking deals, to/from NYC this Fall or even winter ... hell, our bags can be quickly packed & updated, our NYS digital vaccination passes ready, and car service can most definitely take us to Pier 88/MCT in 20 to 30 minutes on a given weekend.  We'll even do Cape Liberty and I am seeing better pricing next Spring over NCL's bundled deals.  

... until then, virtual cruising is it. 

Hi MKing.  Looking at Prima?

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

Hi MKing.  Looking at Prima?

Yessss, that ship's intro/preview got my attention ... looking into it.  Those balcony pricing on a 7 nighters for 2 are what was once, up there into the lower basic suite & Haven tiers on the older ones in the fleet, LOL.  I suppose if we're in stay onboard and not go ashore, connect the upcharged unlimited satellite WiFi, and so forth - given the state of affairs & uncertain public health situations ahead, isn't necessary a bad deal per se.  Car rental prices are mad crazy this Fall as we are looking at options to fly West, but heck - Uber beginning to be a smarter choice, as much as I don't like their corporate model (IMHO, personally, of course.)

All is good with you & family, etc. I trust - regards !