How can we persuade P&O to make at least one port call?

sidekick180

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of how we can persuade the powers that be in P&O to change the itinerary and make at least one port call on the Iona 7 night cruises. Obviously, there was no port call when I made my booking, but I was still happy to go ahead and book. Having said that, at the time of my booking the only ship that had a port call for the Summer cruises, was the last Britannia 6 night summer cruise. Since I made my booking, P&O suddenly decided to change things a bit and add some 7 night cruises with a port stop. If I had waited, I would have chosen one of these, but I didn't want to leave my booking too long and risk not being able to book something. I think it's only fair that P&O should now also offer a port call for all the Iona 7 nighters. Especially as these were more expensive than the ones currently on offer for Britannia. How can we convince them to be more fair?? Perhaps we could get everyone to email P&O and ask them to do it. They seem to have been swayed by guest feedback and demand when it came to changing the Britannia short breaks to 7 night breaks.

You (and others who share your view) can cancel your booking and walk away with whatever you can get back.  How many disgruntled passengers it would take to change the itinerary (and, presumably, hike the fare), I don’t know but it would probably have to be quite considerable.

Good luck in your quest.

I didn't say that I was disgruntled, I simply feel that it would be nice if we could have at least one stop. I will still be on the cruise, regardless of whether or not the ship makes a port of call. Also, they wouldn't need to hike the fare because they would probably get a better return on the excursions.

23 minutes ago, sidekick180 said:

I didn't say that I was disgruntled, I simply feel that it would be nice if we could have at least one stop. I will still be on the cruise, regardless of whether or not the ship makes a port of call. Also, they wouldn't need to hike the fare because they would probably get a better return on the excursions.

You’re right and I apologize for misrepresenting your state of ‘gruntlement’.  So used to reading complaints on here over the last few months that it’s sometimes difficult to discern a rather innocuous question or statement.

• 4 weeks later...

Im on a Iona 7 nighters with no stop.

I booked in the knowledge there are no stops, but if they added one, that could be a bonus.

It will depend on Covid I suspect, I'm more annoyed that we could not pick our cabin to be honest.