Philippines added to U.K. red list from 7th April

Alcairns

The U.K. Government has today added the Philippines to the non travel red list. Given the amount of Philippino crew employed to the cruise industry I wonder if this is going to have a major impact on the cruise lines U.K. start up plans. 

51 minutes ago, dog said:

I expect all crew to be fully vaccinated, as are passengers where ever they come from, to board a Princess cruise ship. 

That is what I would hope, as well.

But, crew comes from dozens of countries -- each at a different point in vaccinating their populations (with many

that have not yet started)

It seems likely to me that the cruiselines will have to set up some sort of system to vaccinate arriving crew,

it they want to have minimum manning.

I think it's likely that CLIA, or "the world's leading cruise lines" will be lobbying the governement for vaccine doses

to make this happen.

A well placed contribution to an un-named governor could probably increase the probability of this happening.

Vaccinated or not anyone entering the U.K. from a red listed country will be quarantined for 10 days at a cost of £1300 each. If the vessels pick the crew up then they may not need to enter the U.K. but the would not be allowed to leave the vessel.

8 hours ago, Alcairns said:

The U.K. Government has today added the Philippines to the non travel red list. Given the amount of Philippino crew employed to the cruise industry I wonder if this is going to have a major impact on the cruise lines U.K. start up plans. 

Wowzers