Refund on a cruise with FCC applied?

Ok, quick question about how this works, since I’m thoroughly confused...

We had a cruise cancelled last year and opted for the 125% FCC. We booked another cruise for June of this year, using the FCC’s we got last year. We did end up having to pay some out of pocket (about $800) to make final payment last month.

Now, when our June cruise officially cancels, (It hasn’t yet, but it 100% will...) and I choose to take the refund, what exactly will I get back? Would I get refunded the cash I paid plus the value of the FCC’s we used to book the cruise, or just the cash?

I understand the policy as it reads, but I just wasn’t sure how it changes when there are FCC’s applied to the balance. 

Sorry for the extremely long question...🤣

3 minutes ago, sstepson said:

Ok, quick question about how this works, since I’m thoroughly confused...

We had a cruise cancelled last year and opted for the 125% FCC. We booked another cruise for June of this year, using the FCC’s we got last year. We did end up having to pay some out of pocket (about $800) to make final payment last month.

Now, when our June cruise officially cancels, (It hasn’t yet, but it 100% will...) and I choose to take the refund, what exactly will I get back? Would I get refunded the cash I paid plus the value of the FCC’s we used to book the cruise, or just the cash?

I understand the policy as it reads, but I just wasn’t sure how it changes when there are FCC’s applied to the balance. 

Sorry for the extremely long question...🤣

Yes you can get back the cash from the first FCC.  Only the 100% part though not the bonus 25%

basically you end up with what you paid, you cannot gain. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You should get your cash refunded, and the fcc will be reissued for the amount applied.

If it was because if a global suspension 125% FCC’s then you can get the original amount refunded as well.  It is only CWC FCC’s that have to be reissued. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes you can get back the cash from the first FCC.  Only the 100% part though not the bonus 25%

basically you end up with what you paid, you cannot gain. 

Ok, thanks for the info. I wasn’t trying to gain the bonus 25%, I just wasn’t clear if 

we actually got money back from the FCC’s or just the cash we paid. Although, I guess technically, the FCC’s were cash at one point!

Thanks so much for the clarification!

2 minutes ago, sstepson said:

Ok, thanks for the info. I wasn’t trying to gain the bonus 25%, I just wasn’t clear if 

we actually got money back from the FCC’s or just the cash we paid. Although, I guess technically, the FCC’s were cash at one point!

Thanks so much for the clarification!

You or your TA has to request the refund.  The default is to issue / reissue FCC’s