Cruise insurance refund

Roadlamp

Our cruise to the British Isles on Vantage was cancelled.  I tried moving the cruise but the price has increased drastically for next year.  I was told I can get a refund on the money that I paid.  I also purchased travel insurance through Vantage.  Do they legally have to refund my travel insurance premium?   Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Roadlamp said:

Our cruise to the British Isles on Vantage was cancelled.  I tried moving the cruise but the price has increased drastically for next year.  I was told I can get a refund on the money that I paid.  I also purchased travel insurance through Vantage.  Do they legally have to refund my travel insurance premium?   Thank you.

Typically, travel insurance isn't refundable.  I'm not sure what Vantage's policy is on their travel insurance.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roadlamp said:

@Roadlamp

Howdy and welcome back to the boards! emo22.gif I see it has been awhile since you have posted.

Thank you for starting your thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum for general questions regarding cruising. 👍 

However, since your inquiry concerns travel insurance for cruises, to help you out I have moved your thread to the Cruise/Travel Insurance forum. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find  your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers here that will be of interest to you.

Also, I suggest you Follow this thread so you will be aware of the replies. 

• Click Follow at the top of the topic
  • Choose how you would like to be alerted:    
    • One email per day with all new content from that day
    • One email per week with all new content from that week
    • Do not send me any notifications
    •  Let others see that I follow this
  • Save your choices by clicking the Follow button at the bottom of the list.
  • Please note: If you are a new member, your preference is set to automatically follow any topic that you start or reply to.  You will receive an email and notification when any new content is posted to your followed topics.  You can always change your preferences by clicking on your member name and choosing Manage Followed Content from the drop down menu.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

12 hours ago, Roadlamp said:

raodlamp - this is definitely a situation where you will need to read the T & C's for this policy, carefully, in order to determine if it is 'legal' or not.

Also, I do know that "verbal" changes to an insurance contract is not legally binding, it must be in writing from an Authorized Representative to do so from said company. i.e. no CSA.

Good luck and it might happen.... or not.

bon voyage