Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

52 minutes ago, What was that? said:

I could use some advice on insurance. I accidentally let the deadline for Viking's trip insurance slip by (also for the insurance offered by my TA), and am challenged to find reasonably priced health-focused insurance to cover our trip. Best so far is a $700 policy that has extraneous (to us) coverage, which is pushing 10% of trip cost. I also encountered much lower-priced insurance offerings which specifically exclude pandemic-related risks. Any suggestions?

Attaching the cover letter for our policy for Bermuda July13.  We purchased via INSUREMYTRIP.  Total cost was $105.  Hope this helps

policy.PNG

Edited by bafinegan
clarification

10 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Attaching the cover letter for our policy for Bermuda July13.  We purchased via INSUREMYTRIP.  Total cost was $105.

That's what I was looking for. However, I do not see that on InsureMyTrip. What plan type did you search for? Maybe it is not offered in Nevada... [[ But I was able to find Seven Corners Travel Insurance website and see an equivalent policy for $208 for the two of us. ]]

Edited by What was that?
Additional Comment

1 hour ago, What was that? said:

I could use some advice on insurance. I accidentally let the deadline for Viking's trip insurance slip by (also for the insurance offered by my TA), and am challenged to find reasonably priced health-focused insurance to cover our trip. Best so far is a $700 policy that has extraneous (to us) coverage, which is pushing 10% of trip cost. I also encountered much lower-priced insurance offerings which specifically exclude pandemic-related risks. Any suggestions?

If you're just looking for medical coverage (not trip cancellation/interruption/etc.) - try Geoblue (https://www.geobluetravelinsurance.com/ or Seven Corners (https://www.sevencorners.com)

Edited by stace11
corrected link
  • Like 1

That's what I was looking for. However, I do not see that on InsureMyTrip. What plan type did you search for? Maybe it is not offered in Nevada... [[ But I was able to find Seven Corners Travel Insurance website and see an equivalent policy for $208 for the two of us. ]]

it was on Insure My Trip.com.  Yea maybe because we live in Ga?  ANy way that sounds like the policy.  Not sure of your age-Maybe that makes a difference ( we are 65-62)

Just now, bafinegan said:

it was on Insure My Trip.com.  Yea maybe because we live in Ga?  ANy way that sounds like the policy.  Not sure of your age-Maybe that makes a difference ( we are 65-62)

Good points. I did find the following in the Section 8, Exclusions section of the Seven Corners Liaison Travel Basic policy I was offered on the 7 Corners website:

(tt) Any claim in any way caused by or resulting from:
(i) Coronavirus disease (COVID-19);
(ii) Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2);
(iii) any mutation or variation of SARS-CoV-2; or
(iv) any fear or threat of i), ii) or iii) above.

8 minutes ago, What was that? said:

Good points. I did find the following in the Section 8, Exclusions section of the Seven Corners Liaison Travel Basic policy I was offered on the 7 Corners website:

If I read this right, this travel insurance will not cover any claims related to Covid (medical expenses, quarantine costs, etc.) 

I'm actually looking for a policy that covers exactly that.  

1 minute ago, sleepybobo said:

If I read this right, this travel insurance will not cover any claims related to Covid (medical expenses, quarantine costs, etc.) 

I'm actually looking for a policy that covers exactly that.  

That is my interpretation. As these policies may vary from state-to-state, and possibly with the traveler's age (we are 76), it is probably a good thing to check any policy you are offered (or have bought) to ensure you have the coverage you need/want. As it stands now, I will be buying the comprehensive package previously mentioned.

• Like 2

wow nothing in my exclusions ( section 8 ) states that.  It's mainly about injuries from illegal activites, or injuries suffered while intoxicated.  Must be the state I live in/ our ages.  If you want I can email you my policy so you can use that when trying to get one.  I do know that when I researched insurance, I specifically put (covid) into search.  I only came up with 2 policies.  

47 minutes ago, What was that? said:

That is my interpretation. As these policies may vary from state-to-state, and possibly with the traveler's age (we are 76), it is probably a good thing to check any policy you are offered (or have bought) to ensure you have the coverage you need/want. As it stands now, I will be buying the comprehensive package previously mentioned.

I actually called seven corners to verify.  ANd it does state in the cover letter.  The rep said all I need is physician verification for COvid treatment/hotels for quarantine.

When shopping for insurance doesn't everyone think about the company's standing and claims payment history?  Something called "Seven Corners" would make me nervous personally.  What's their A.M. Best rating? 

Insurance is one of those things that goes untested until you need it and when you need it you'll likely need it badly.  I'm a bargain hunter by nature but I never skimp on insurance. 

P.S. - A couple of posts back I commented on it being odd that Steve from insuremytrip.com published generic guidelines that seemingly applied across nine different insurance companies. 

Let the Seven Seas disclaimer discovered above be a Caveat Emptor.  Unless you have a policy declaration that specifically calls out COVID coverage I'd suggest everyone check with their insurance provider directly (not a third party) to get written confirmation that COVID is covered. 

It has become a very common ask and something an insurer should be able to e-mail out easily.  Mine provided it in PDF form while I was still on the phone with them. 

Speaking of COVID, for those who are flying to Bermuda out of SFO like we are (SFO-CLT-BDA on AA), I think I've found faster COVID testing.  We may just have to come up to SF Bay Area early.

https://www.flysfo.com/travel-well/covid-19-testing

10 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I actually called seven corners to verify.  ANd it does state in the cover letter.  The rep said all I need is physician verification for COvid treatment/hotels for quarantine.

OK - I ran a comparison with different ages and we are over the age limit of 74 for covid coverage.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:14 AM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

You will all be heartened to hear that my DW got her wish, we got two cranberry scrub spa appointments at the same time 🤢  Not sure if these are together in the same room or not.  Earlier it would not let us book two scrubs at the same time, so not sure what any of this means...

Please, God, don’t let Viking provide cleansing kale and brussel-sprout smoothies 🙏

As this will be the first time I will be dragged into a spa, what is the tipping custom on Viking for the spa treatment personnel?  I tried searching the Viking forum and got no recent results with both “spa” and “tipping” together.

And how lengthy should my apology be to the unlucky spa tech that gets assigned to me?

• Like 1

Congradulatuon! Your skin will feel like a new born when you are done. 👌

tip the person after your massage. I usually tip 10 or 15 %. In cash . 
btw, you can find on your MVJ under before you go tab about special occasions. It says to call them about two week before .

I am sure they will make the birthday celebration special. There is also Georg Jensen jewelry in the jewelry store on board  if she like his items .

I hope you will post who the Captain, hotel, beverage /food and activities directors are. .. also the resident historian  once you are settled in on the Orion.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Speaking of COVID, for those who are flying to Bermuda out of SFO like we are (SFO-CLT-BDA on AA), I think I've found faster COVID testing.  We may just have to come up to SF Bay Area early.

https://www.flysfo.com/travel-well/covid-19-testing

I think I can do the same at LAX. Then possibly I can go the Bermuda Consulate in Century City(very close to where I live in LA), to process the Visa. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B_A_H said:

When shopping for insurance doesn't everyone think about the company's standing and claims payment history?  Something called "Seven Corners" would make me nervous personally.  What's their A.M. Best rating? 

Insurance is one of those things that goes untested until you need it and when you need it you'll likely need it badly.  I'm a bargain hunter by nature but I never skimp on insurance. 

P.S. - A couple of posts back I commented on it being odd that Steve from insuremytrip.com published generic guidelines that seemingly applied across nine different insurance companies. 

Let the Seven Seas disclaimer discovered above be a Caveat Emptor.  Unless you have a policy declaration that specifically calls out COVID coverage I'd suggest everyone check with their insurance provider directly (not a third party) to get written confirmation that COVID is covered. 

It has become a very common ask and something an insurer should be able to e-mail out easily.  Mine provided it in PDF form while I was still on the phone with them. 

Of course I researched.  Seven COrners has a 4.59 rating on InsureMyTrip.  I also posted my cover letter showing the COvid specific coverage.  I did not think it was necessary to post the 19 page document.

Frankly , i kinda resent your comment.  SOmeone asked, and I posted what I had found that is working for me.  Guess I'm not the expert others are.  Done here.

23 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Congradulatuon! Your skin will feel like a new born when you are done. 👌

tip the person after your massage. I usually tip 10 or 15 %. In cash . 
btw, you can find on your MVJ under before you go tab about special occasions. It says to call them about two week before .

I am sure they will make the birthday celebration special. There is also Georg Jensen jewelry in the jewelry store on board  if she like his items .

I hope you will post who the Captain, hotel, beverage /food and activities directors are. .. also the resident historian  once you are settled in on the Orion.

Cheers

Thanks!

I bought Nationwide Cruise Choice through InsureMyTrip, as I have for all the cruises I've taken since 2017.   It includes pre-existing condition coverage if bought before final trip payment, which is pretty unique - most require buying within 14-21 days of initial payment.

Also use them because in 2017 I had to cancel for a medical problem a couple weeks before a very expensive Silversea cruise.  Nationwide customer care was very kind and helpful, and my entire claim amount was paid within several weeks after submitting, with no questions or problems of any kind.

Can't give a better recommendation than that; you might give them a look.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, su-arizona said:

I bought Nationwide Cruise Choice through InsureMyTrip, as I have for all the cruises I've taken since 2017.   It includes pre-existing condition coverage if bought before final trip payment, which is pretty unique - most require buying within 14-21 days of initial payment.

Also use them because in 2017 I had to cancel for a medical problem a couple weeks before a very expensive Silversea cruise.  Nationwide customer care was very kind and helpful, and my entire claim amount was paid within several weeks after submitting, with no questions or problems of any kind.

Can't give a better recommendation than that; you might give them a look.  

Well that is good to hear, as that is probably what we will have to go with. And I did notice the limitation on buying (or not buying, in my case) before final payment for the trip, but that is not a concern of mine - I am scanning thru the policy with a fine-tooth comb for now.

• Like 1

Orion is cruising around the island of Bermuda  and going to Hamilton. 

It is getting real  each and every day that the Bermuda Cruises will happen , and we will all be on board who are posting here  and on their roll calls. 

Also there will be a press conference by the government officals this evening. Hope we hear  better news about the Covid protocol going forward...

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Azulann said:

It is getting real  each and every day that the Bermuda Cruises will happen , and we will all be on board who are posting here  and on their roll calls. 

Also there will be a press conference by the government officals this evening. Hope we hear  better news about the Covid protocol going forward...

Yes -hope for better news.  We got the package with our baggage tags (nice!) today, which really made it seem real.  4 weeks from now we'll hopefully be sipping a cold one in one of the lounges!!

• Like 5

This mornings email containing the final documents for our June 15 cruise had missing and wrong flights. Now, our flights are missing off MVJ. The page says we'll be notified when our flights are finalized.

Edited by MRGACRUZR
Spelling