Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

1 hour ago, 3rdtimecruising said:

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

We did our tests yesterday as directed and immediately submitted to Bermuda Govt.  My husband called and talked directly to someone in Bermuda on number given with info.  She said today, Sunday, they were still issuing permits to enter for people arriving tomorrow, Monday.  He got his info several hours ago and mine has still not arrived.  The office is now closed and I am hoping that I will receive mine in the morning.  This process will be well worth it once we get onboard safely, but it has been a daunting experience to get through.

We are doing cruise back to back and will be returning to Boston on July 6th.  This will be our 15th visit to Bermuda since our honeymoon there in 1972 and our 31st ocean cruise. First on Viking.

Hope we meet up on the Orion.

Ann and Bernie aka Grannie and Papa

Are you back to back on Viking Orion?

We are on the June 22 voyage.  Had our Covid tests on Friday morning June 18, results came back negative early Sunday morning June 20, submitted vaccine and test result images to the Bermudian web site at 11:30am Bermuda time.  15 hours later, we have not received authorizations yet.

June 15th going home info:

We recieved our Negative PCR test this morning, from Viking, for going home tomorrow.  The test was actually from yesterday, the 20th. Within the requirements of the US.

Here's something we did not know before leaving home. Do yourself a favor and print out the US required CDC attestation form, one per pax. It is simply an attestation that you have been vaccinated or had Covid. We flew Delta and there was a link in their information about travelling back to the US from a foreign country. On the Delta app it was under notifications. My sister flew Jet Blue from JFK. Jet Blue notified her of the requirement for the attestation form AND, if flying into NY, they require an additional form. Georgia does not require any additional forms. If I can find the link to the CDC form, I'll post it. 

7 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

June 15th going home info:

We recieved our Negative PCR test this morning, from Viking, for going home tomorrow.  The test was actually from yesterday, the 20th. Within the requirements of the US.

Here's something we did not know before leaving home. Do yourself a favor and print out the US required CDC attestation form, one per pax. It is simply an attestation that you have been vaccinated or had Covid. We flew Delta and there was a link in their information about travelling back to the US from a foreign country. On the Delta app it was under notifications. My sister flew Jet Blue from JFK. Jet Blue notified her of the requirement for the attestation form AND, if flying into NY, they require an additional form. Georgia does not require any additional forms. If I can find the link to the CDC form, I'll post it. 

Here's the CDC Attestation Form for reentry to US:

pax-attestation-us-en-1page.pdf

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

Here's the CDC Attestation Form for reentry to US:

pax-attestation-us-en-1page.pdf 59.29 kB · 14 downloads

Thanks so much for this information.  I have printed a copy and will have on hand. 

I received my negative test results Friday night and submitted my Travel Authorization Application Saturday afternoon and still have not received approval. I have tried to call the hotline but the wait is long so will wait a while.  I sent an email but the automatic reply just said to call the hotline.

9 hours ago, Irishbuckeye said:

We are on the June 22 voyage.  Had our Covid tests on Friday morning June 18, results came back negative early Sunday morning June 20, submitted vaccine and test result images to the Bermudian web site at 11:30am Bermuda time.  15 hours later, we have not received authorizations yet.

After 23 hours in the queue, we received email rejections of our travel request stating that our Kaiser Permanente PCR negative test result  forms did not meet their requirements (without stating the exact reason).  I called their telephone number, placed 57th in the queue, finally got through after 49 minutes, to receive the message " We are experiencing system problems, please try again later".  FUBAR!!

How was the problem resolved.  This is absolutely the worst experience ever in our 30+ ocean cruises.  I just got a notification from cell phone carrier that we are incurring International long distance call charges.  I'm ready to get out the Holy Water and start my Novena... 

If you bought Viking trip insurance you can cancel up until day of departure and receive a credit good for a year, for any reason.  You have to call Viking and then send an email to a specific email address.  I would not wait until tomorrow if you feel you should cancel.  Better double check the wording on when the last instant you can cancel is.

Well I "joked" about getting my out my Holy Water and starting the ROSARY and in walked my husband who was on his phone with the same girl that helped him yesterday and she discovered that an error had been made on their part.  I hope they are  working on the kinks in this process because I now have 3 hours of International long distance calls on my cell phone.  I have my documents... FOUR COPIES....  Good luck to everyone and thanks for the responses and support.

Ann  

PS  I can't wait for my first Rum Swizzle in the lounge, sure glad we got the " booze upgrade"

Edited by 3rdtimecruising
missing words
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Irishbuckeye said:

After 23 hours in the queue, we received email rejections of our travel request stating that our Kaiser Permanente PCR negative test result  forms did not meet their requirements (without stating the exact reason).  I called their telephone number, placed 57th in the queue, finally got through after 49 minutes, to receive the message " We are experiencing system problems, please try again later".  FUBAR!!

You should read the excerpt I've included and compare to your Kaiser results. Perhaps you can identify the problem.

1. What specific types of COVID-19 tests are acceptable? A COVID-19 PCR test and rapid COVID-19 PCR test are the acceptable types of tests at this time. Antibody tests are not accepted. The test must be completed by an accredited laboratory. The test result must show the traveller's name, date of birth, date of the test result, and the name and contact of the laboratory. 

2 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

You should read the excerpt I've included and compare to your Kaiser results. Perhaps you can identify the problem.

1. What specific types of COVID-19 tests are acceptable? A COVID-19 PCR test and rapid COVID-19 PCR test are the acceptable types of tests at this time. Antibody tests are not accepted. The test must be completed by an accredited laboratory. The test result must show the traveller's name, date of birth, date of the test result, and the name and contact of the laboratory. 

Kaiser gives a PCR test.  I subsequently received an email from TAApprovals@gov.bm stating they were in error.  I am now in possession of the authorizations.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, 3rdtimecruising said:

We were just told the rejection was an "error on their part".... Yikes... this was too close for comfort.  I am finally accepted to enter...

Ann

Wow.  Big error!  Yikes!

42 minutes ago, 3rdtimecruising said:

Hopefully in three weeks Bermuda authorities have this process running a little smoother... This 3 days before you arrive is really cutting it close.  Perhaps they should increase their employees.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph … glad they found the error.  I also think because if the holiday yesterday  and today, the call center is not up to snuff.

Please report back and tell up how you feel  once on board  with a lovely drink in your hand and staff waiting on you … 

you are part of the Trail Blazer club for sure after such a mixup!!!!!

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, 3rdtimecruising said:

Well I "joked" about getting my out my Holy Water and starting the ROSARY and in walked my husband who was on his phone with the same girl that helped him yesterday and she discovered that an error had been made on their part.  I hope they are  working on the kinks in this process because I now have 3 hours of International long distance calls on my cell phone.  I have my documents... FOUR COPIES....  Good luck to everyone and thanks for the responses and support.

Ann  

PS  I can't wait for my first Rum Swizzle in the lounge, sure glad we got the " booze upgrade"

Given everything you’ve all been going through, I think Viking should give the booze upgrade on the house to all Welcome Back cruisers! Might help with marketing if they medicate everyone into forgetting all the pre-cruise grief. 🍺🍷🍸🍹🍾🥂🍻

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

Given everything you’ve all been going through, I think Viking should give the booze upgrade on the house to all Welcome Back cruisers! Might help with marketing if they medicate everyone into forgetting all the pre-cruise grief. 🍺🍷🍸🍹🍾🥂🍻

I thought the Silver Spirits package was include for all these welcome back cruises already? It certainly was for us.

On the June 15 Bermuda roll call someone posted a document from Bermuda that says if you “sit within two seats” of someone on the plane to Bermuda that tests positive you are considered a “close contact” and can be put into 14 day quarantine!

And, from reading the other Bermuda testing requirement docs, it appears that unvaccinated residents can fly into Bermuda without a pre-flight test.  But the residents are “strongly encouraged” to get a pre-flight test….  And they have to quarantine after arrival.  This must be how some of the positive tests at BDA are happening.

48 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

On the June 15 Bermuda roll call someone posted a document from Bermuda that says if you “sit within two seats” of someone on the plane to Bermuda that tests positive you are considered a “close contact” and can be put into 14 day quarantine!

And, from reading the other Bermuda testing requirement docs, it appears that unvaccinated residents can fly into Bermuda without a pre-flight test.  But the residents are “strongly encouraged” to get a pre-flight test….  And they have to quarantine after arrival.  This must be how some of the positive tests at BDA are happening.

Would Viking Air move our 2 airline seats to the wings to  avoid contact when flying into BDA ?  See how you have no control ! 

We've cruised a number of times with other cruise lines, and I purchased this trip to "try out" Viking Ocean.  I called the customer service line today to question a charge for transfers, and took the opportunity to question this whole "guilty by COVID association" situation, and ask that Viking be more open in discussing the situation with booked passengers. 

The rep was aware of the situation, and only said Viking was conforming to all the requirements of the Bermuda government.  I've now been reading the "Royal Gazette" regularly and it appears that the Bermuda government has no interest in tourists returning to Bermuda.  And the various government websites are less than helpful.

I asked that Viking be more transparent (as has Celebrity) in posting a synopsis of the incident, and letting future passengers know what the rules are for EXPOSED passengers and how they will be handled.  Their health and safety talks about what happens for positive tests but it DOES NOT address how situations where contact tracing shows exposure to OTHERS testing positive.  I (and my insurance) am prepared for what happens if I test positive - but not for the possibility of a lengthy quarantine if I am in proximity to another passenger who tests positive!

I am really disgusted by this whole situation - disgusted with Viking, disgusted with Bermuda.  Like many others, I was lured by Viking's safety protocols...but I never considered what might happen if another passenger tests positive in Viking's regular onboard testing.  From reading the Royal Gazette, it also appears that Viking has agreed to quarantine the ship if 3 passengers should test positive.

I was willing to take the risk that I might test positive for COVID...but not that I might face significant problems  if I go on a Viking shore excursion with someone else who tests positive.

As always, there's a lot of noise on these boards - VIKING PLEASE use MVJ to give booked passengers more information regarding what we might expect if OTHERS test positive and we DO NOT.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, 3rdtimecruising said:

I can't wait for my first Rum Swizzle in the lounge, sure glad we got the " booze upgrade"

Just fyi...we tried to get a rum swizzle on board and they don't make them.  Apparently they don't have all the ingrediants on hand. Also heard several other people ask for one but they were told the same thing.

9 hours ago, su-arizona said:

We've cruised a number of times with other cruise lines, and I purchased this trip to "try out" Viking Ocean.  I called the customer service line today to question a charge for transfers, and took the opportunity to question this whole "guilty by COVID association" situation, and ask that Viking be more open in discussing the situation with booked passengers. 

The rep was aware of the situation, and only said Viking was conforming to all the requirements of the Bermuda government.  I've now been reading the "Royal Gazette" regularly and it appears that the Bermuda government has no interest in tourists returning to Bermuda.  And the various government websites are less than helpful.

I asked that Viking be more transparent (as has Celebrity) in posting a synopsis of the incident, and letting future passengers know what the rules are for EXPOSED passengers and how they will be handled.  Their health and safety talks about what happens for positive tests but it DOES NOT address how situations where contact tracing shows exposure to OTHERS testing positive.  I (and my insurance) am prepared for what happens if I test positive - but not for the possibility of a lengthy quarantine if I am in proximity to another passenger who tests positive!

I am really disgusted by this whole situation - disgusted with Viking, disgusted with Bermuda.  Like many others, I was lured by Viking's safety protocols...but I never considered what might happen if another passenger tests positive in Viking's regular onboard testing.  From reading the Royal Gazette, it also appears that Viking has agreed to quarantine the ship if 3 passengers should test positive.

I was willing to take the risk that I might test positive for COVID...but not that I might face significant problems  if I go on a Viking shore excursion with someone else who tests positive.

As always, there's a lot of noise on these boards - VIKING PLEASE use MVJ to give booked passengers more information regarding what we might expect if OTHERS test positive and we DO NOT.

This is interesting.  I brought this up on another Viking thread about a month ago and a large number of people called me a troll.  Now you're bringing up the same concerns I had about lack of info about how contact tracing info will be used, and your comment got a bunch of likes.