BUMMER: PORT AUTHORITY OF NY & NJ

22 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Should be vaccinating their crew before it resumes sailing out of Southampton. 

I hope the mysterious void in the schedule would be to fulfill any quarantine or spacing after vaccination requirements  before the Anthem begins cruising to the Bahamas.

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

I hope the mysterious void in the schedule would be to fulfill any quarantine or spacing after vaccination requirements  before the Anthem begins cruising to the Bahamas.

Anthem sails out of Cape Liberty beginning November 7th.   She was scheduled to sail TA from Southampton October 20th and then out of Cape Liberty beginning October 30th.  Its the Adventure sailing from the Bahamas. 

On 5/5/2021 at 9:38 PM, njkruzer said:

Of course not but no site i have looked at has the ship sailing from Southampton or arriving in NJ.  Even sites that show cruises that are cancelled show them as cancelled.  The Anthem just is totally missing between its arrival in Southampton and its departure from Cape Liberty 18 days later!

I think the most likely reason for the 3rd party sites dropping the crossing is due to Royal not currently offering that cruise for sale. 

7 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

I think the most likely reason for the 3rd party sites dropping the crossing is due to Royal not currently offering that cruise for sale. 

Maybe, but the sites list cruises that have been cancelled.   

9 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Anthem sails out of Cape Liberty beginning November 7th.   She was scheduled to sail TA from Southampton October 20th and then out of Cape Liberty beginning October 30th.  Its the Adventure sailing from the Bahamas. 

I am aware of the Anthem's sailing on November 7th and stated it was "TO THE BAHAMAS".

We have been booked on that cruise for over a year.

My post deals with the possibility that from leaving Southampton to the November 7th cruise TO Canaveral and the Bahamas they may get quarantining and vaccinating all done.

5 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I am aware of the Anthem's sailing on November 7th and stated it was "TO THE BAHAMAS".

We have been booked on that cruise for over a year.

My post deals with the possibility that from leaving Southampton to the November 7th cruise TO Canaveral and the Bahamas they may get quarantining and vaccinating all done.

So they're not quarantining and vaccinating before they sail over the summer from the UK or before we sail on her to the Canary Islands.?   

32 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

So they're not quarantining and vaccinating before they sail over the summer from the UK or before we sail on her to the Canary Islands.?   

Did I say that ? 

Have a great day and enjoy all your cruises. 

Adios.

1 minute ago, boscobeans said:

Did I say that ? 

Have a great day and enjoy all your cruises. 

Adios.

And enjoy your cruises!  I just wish that things would be clearer and normalcy would return.  On March 13, 2020 we reboarded the Radiance for our 3rd b3b to New Zealand, did muster, had dinner and then had to disembark, hotel, and flew home on the 16th.  I keep hoping things will get normal soon.  Love the Anthem and hope we really get to sail her in October. 

11 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Maybe, but the sites list cruises that have been cancelled.   

Why would Royal tell these third party sites that they are cancelled and not their customers?  

I know HTML.  I can create a website and say they aren’t cancelled. Would that make you feel better?

These third party sites are making guesses. Educated guesses, perhaps. And they may turn out to be right. But they are just all making assumptions. 

I know it’s aggravating, but many of us are in similar situations.  I agree that Royal should be more forthcoming about what is going on. NCL cancels quicker. Disney delays final payments. Royal takes our money, cancels after final payment, and then delays refunds. 

But I think its too early to know what will happen with this transatlantic. 

44 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

But I think its too early to know what will happen with this transatlantic. 

100% CORRECT.

Fingers crossed that by November 7th the Anthem can actually begin its regular schedule,  BUT for now it's all just speculation and wishful thinking. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, keyboardjunkie said:

As someone has noticed on another posting there is a question mark in the title.  Makes me wonder....

I'll believe it when the cruises start reappearing on the port schedule and Royal's schedule. 

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I'll believe it when the cruises start reappearing on the port schedule and Royal's schedule. 

I agree.  We sail out of Baltimore in early Sept.  It is supposed to be the Canada run.....I hope Royal will soon decide what they will do instead BUT my guess is that Royal will wait until they hear if Canada is reopening its borders.

39% of the Canadian population has received at least one jab but only 3% are fully vaccinated (source: Canadian Government).  Compared to the USA where 60% have had at least one jab with 37% fully vaccinated (source: CDC).  So the reopening of Canada may be still several weeks/months away.  Trudeau says by September.  Here's his statement on May 11 regarding when (source: CVT News)

“There is hope,” Trudeau said, for a “slightly better summer,” but added that restrictions need to stay in place until at least 75 per cent of the population has at least their first shot and community transmission is better controlled through testing, tracing, and tamping down on spread. 

From a blog site I can't  mention

What about Port Liberty?

With all of the news recently of Florida cruise ports working with Royal Caribbean to sign port agreements, many cruise fans have been asking about the state of affairs as it relates to Port Liberty in Bayonne, New Jersey. 

spokesperson for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey issued a statement after RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com reached out for an update.

"We are working closely with Cape Liberty Cruise Port in anticipation of the ‘trial cruise’ required by the CDC’s Conditional Sail Order to take place by mid-August, with a regular schedule of cruises expected to resume by the end of August."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1