Celebrity Solstice 2B grade veranda query

Cathygh

Hi

I am just about to book my first Celebrity cruise in either cabin number 7312 or 7198. I just want a clear view cabin but I read somewhere that the view might be obscured by life boats.. Is that correct?

Thanks

Cathy

2B cabins should not be obscured.  2D are obscured and 2C are "partially obscured".  From deck 7, you may see the lifeboats if you are looking down but I don't believe you will have any obscurity looking out over the ocean.   There is a "S class" cabin information thread here where you can look up the cabin number: 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Hi

I am just about to book my first Celebrity cruise in either cabin number 7312 or 7198. I just want a clear view cabin but I read somewhere that the view might be obscured by life boats.. Is that correct?

Thanks

Cathy

Hi-

I would go for the 7198 or even any 2B further forward on either port or starboard because #7312 looks down on lifeboats on Deck 5 whereas the first 16 or so cabins forward look directly down to the sea. 7198 looks down to Deck 5 but there are no lifeboats in that section.

For our upcoming cruise we booked 6226, a 2B on the jutout section of the ship for it's convenient location. For those 2Bs you'd want to stay starboard because smoking is permitted on the deck below those cabins on the port side.

• Like 1

Addendum-

You might prefer a forward Deck 6 2b. I notice from a photo of the ship that the first 9 forward cabins on Deck 7 look down on a little ledge so you will not enjoy a direct downward view to the sea from those.

Another advantage of the forward cabins on any deck is that there is less light interference from other parts of the vessel to better enjoy the night sky!