Question about canceling a cruise that was previously a Lift & Shift with FCC applied

Is it normal for your Lift & Shift invoice not to show the FCCs you applied? I’m trying to figure out how stressful this telephone call is going to be.

I was originally booked on Freedom for 08/2020. I booked it using a $200 NextCruise certificate.

When it was obvious that was going to be canceled I did a Lift and Shift to Symphony for 08/2021. I was able to move my NextCruise cert to that cruise but I also had FCCs that were expiring soon (from my Allure cruise that was shortened by a hurricane).

I applied 3 FCCs to the Symphony 08/2021 cruise which is also not going to happen.

I’m ready to cancel my Symphony cruise because I don’t want to pay the final payment next month but my invoice only shows the $200 NextCruise payment. It doesn’t say anything about all of the FCCs. My sister’s invoice is the same.

So my long winded question is; is this going to be a problem? I do also have the original Symphony invoices that they sent before they send the one that reflects the L&S.

I know that I should only be receiving reissued certificates (hopefully both NextCruise and FCC). I’m just going to wait until cruising restarts to rebook. I just want to know if I will have a problem getting everything back.

2 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Is it normal for your Lift & Shift invoice not to show the FCCs you applied? I’m trying to figure out how stressful this telephone call is going to be.

I was originally booked on Freedom for 08/2020. I booked it using a $200 NextCruise certificate.

When it was obvious that was going to be canceled I did a Lift and Shift to Symphony for 08/2021. I was able to move my NextCruise cert to that cruise but I also had FCCs that were expiring soon (from my Allure cruise that was shortened by a hurricane).

I applied 3 FCCs to the Symphony 08/2021 cruise which is also not going to happen.

I’m ready to cancel my Symphony cruise because I don’t want to pay the final payment next month but my invoice only shows the $200 NextCruise payment. It doesn’t say anything about all of the FCCs. My sister’s invoice is the same.

So my long winded question is; is this going to be a problem? I do also have the original Symphony invoices that they sent before they send the one that reflects the L&S.

I know that I should only be receiving reissued certificates (hopefully both NextCruise and FCC). I’m just going to wait until cruising restarts to rebook. I just want to know if I will have a problem getting everything back.

You should not have a problem, the detailed record that accompanies all reservations will show the FCCs applied.    Make sure that the rep identifies all of these for you before you hang up.