Transportation Options between Baltimore Penn Station <--> Baltimore Cruise Port

Gypsywych

Hi there!  We have a bit, cruising out of Baltimore in September of 2022, but since we have nothing else better to do than dream....

We're looking at taking Amtrak to Baltimore and back home and this will be our first trip to Baltimore.   We'd naturally come in a day before, but is is feasible to plan on making our 10:04 am train upon debarkation?  
What's the best way to get to and from Penn Station and/or the Cruise Port?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gypsywych said:

Hi there!  We have a bit, cruising out of Baltimore in September of 2022, but since we have nothing else better to do than dream....

We're looking at taking Amtrak to Baltimore and back home and this will be our first trip to Baltimore.   We'd naturally come in a day before, but is is feasible to plan on making our 10:04 am train upon debarkation?  
What's the best way to get to and from Penn Station and/or the Cruise Port?  

It is 15 - 20 minute drive. The main question would be how long debarkation will take in September 2022. Pre-Covid I would say yes if you do self debarkation. Things might be different post Covid. Also the Amtrak schedule will change several times before September 2022 so the train time might be different. Best way to get from the cruise port to Penn Station is Uber/Lyft. Second best option is a taxi.   

10 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It is 15 - 20 minute drive. The main question would be how long debarkation will take in September 2022. Pre-Covid I would say yes if you do self debarkation. Things might be different post Covid. Also the Amtrak schedule will change several times before September 2022 so the train time might be different. Best way to get from the cruise port to Penn Station is Uber/Lyft. Second best option is a taxi.   

Thank you.   If we manage all 3 currently booked cruises by then ( cross yer fingers!!), we will be platinum and can make a run for it, but hadn't considered new COVID regulations. So I'll just plan for an extra night in a hotel and catch the next day's train.

On 4/17/2021 at 7:37 AM, Gypsywych said:

Thank you.   If we manage all 3 currently booked cruises by then ( cross yer fingers!!), we will be platinum and can make a run for it, but hadn't considered new COVID regulations. So I'll just plan for an extra night in a hotel and catch the next day's train.

Makes sense -- when we returned to Baltimore in Feb. 2019 on Grandeur we did not get off the ship until almost 9:00 AM - and it was close to 10:00  by the time we had our bags and in a taxi.  Because we had a number of trains back to Stamford CT to choose from, we had played it safe and booked at 1:00 PM --- I doubt you have those options for SC.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Makes sense -- when we returned to Baltimore in Feb. 2019 on Grandeur we did not get off the ship until almost 9:00 AM - and it was close to 10:00  by the time we had our bags and in a taxi.  Because we had a number of trains back to Stamford CT to choose from, we had played it safe and booked at 1:00 PM --- I doubt you have those options for SC.

Thanks from two retired Navy vets.  

😄
No.  We have 2 options.  10AM (ish) or getting back to our home station @ 3am.  
We could drive, it's only 8 hours but I don't get to ride the train very often. 

Recommend Taxi.  First taxis should be lined up whenever you get to Penn Station.  A couple of years ago at the end of our cruise our Uber could not get into the port because they had a passenger for the next cruise and the authorities were not letting any cars in.  We wound up grabbing a taxi.

You can also consider booking a hotel at the Courtyard by Marriott  McHenry row. This hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the cruise port.  You will be in the Locust Point area which is right next door  to the Inner Harbor and Federal Hill area. You then will next onetaxi /Uber to hotel  then one taxi/Uber back to train station.There are plentybof restaurants within walking distance of hotel.

• Like 1