Face Burning Lava or Escape on Rescue Cruise Ship - US Embassy Warns

35 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Bingo, for the Embassy to put out a tweet that, in part, includes the CDC's admonition against traveling on cruise ships, WHEN THE INFORMATION THEY RELY ON TO STATE THAT IS MORE THAN A YEAR OLD, is simply disgraceful. Wow, I thought I'd seen everything. SMH....

Yeah, but I'm also of the opinion at this point that "we haven't seen anything yet."

I get the societal disdain for cruise ships and those that cruise.  It's PC for one side and a different PC for the other.  The same is just around the corner for those that fine dine, those that have homes disproportionate in size or number to need, the same with vehicles.  It's simply the beginning of the experience aka the great reset.

I would not be surprised, if ever the question was asked at a press conference, as to what was the status of the cruise lines and why are they totally shut down to hear the retort "seriously, when people are dying, hospitalized and suffering, and when children aren't in schools, you want us to be concerned about the luxury of cruising on dangerous petri dishes."

The cruise lines, the big 3 excluding MSC (which saw the writing on the transom and wants nothing to do with the current US PC malaise), will return when Wall Street and K-Street interested Hedge Funds have the control position they are crafting and carving to achieve their desired results.  It would not be a surprise to see the CDC then make a 180 and the government might even provide some form of aid and assistance (even if indirectly to the ports).

It is what it is, and it is not pretty.

7 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Broberts you guys are doing a terrible job wearing masks up there.  

We are now a prime example of rapidly changing rules. One day kids and others can't go to  parks, next day kids can go. One day police can ask anyone why they are out, next day they can't. One day stores can offer curb side pickup, two days later they can't. Toss in the usual anti maskers and uncertain vaccine supply, stir a little and voila.

10 hours ago, broberts said:

We are now a prime example of rapidly changing rules. One day kids and others can't go to  parks, next day kids can go. One day police can ask anyone why they are out, next day they can't. One day stores can offer curb side pickup, two days later they can't. Toss in the usual anti maskers and uncertain vaccine supply, stir a little and voila.

It is sad everywhere. Makes one wonder if anyone is in charge. Maybe the US can send you some vaccines - I just read where the US has recently had an 11% decrease in the daily vaccinations - strange in that shots are open to almost all of the population.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, broberts said:

Sounds like elected officials don't really know what they are doing.  Maybe they should read Cuomo's book . . . Actually I take that back - they should not read that book.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Sounds like elected officials don't really know what they are doing.  Maybe they should read Cuomo's book . . . Actually I take that back - they should not read that book.

Do you derive pleasure from gratuitously putting down people?

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Sad that you refuse to own up to your own posts. 

Much is lost in translation through text - sarcasm specifically.  

I haven’t said anything remotely controversial on here.

Yikes

200E1BEC-1606-4FA6-9A1F-FD7BEF8CCE1F.thumb.jpeg.12f9d784618d04908775516b59a3df0c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1