Face Burning Lava or Escape on Rescue Cruise Ship - US Embassy Warns

On 4/18/2021 at 1:37 PM, broberts said:

So how is one supposed to interpret the unattributed quote near the top of the OP if it is not an attack on the CDC?

Try honestly and unbiased.  There's got to be a first for everyone.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2021 at 1:14 PM, harkinmr said:

Right back at you my friend.

EDIT:  Apparently, negative comments are only allowed when talking about the CDC.  Got it!

One, you are not and would never qualify as my friend.  Negative comments, in this instance (thread) in a sarcastic parody style, are taken literally by the off the ledge big government believers; but only in alternately seat occupants of such.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Full disclosure!!!  So, the residents can decide whether to risk their lives dying in a volcano!

It was absolutely ridiculous to include in the Embassy's statement.  This is not a 7 day leisure cruise but a ferry to safety.

So refreshing to check in now and then and see new, balanced and reasonable posts.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2021 at 8:55 AM, Keksie said:

I don't see it as unnecessary snark.  I see it as pointing out how completely one-issue the CDC is.  Lockdowns to the point that people lose their businesses - OK with the CDC.  Schools virtual to the point that children are behind in school and may never catch up - OK with the CDC.  The CDC does not even have an idea of the metric required for people to be able to have a normal life again.

Hundreds of thousands of people dead from this virus ... OK with you, apparently.    Open your eyes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Hundreds of thousands of people dead from this virus ... OK with you, apparently.    Open your eyes.

That is so extreme and unfair.  As would be "how many of died of Covid 19 on US port based cruises?"

"Open your eyes" is fair.  The following is not a litany re: you.  Just unanswered questions.

How is it the virus will infect a diner on one side of a street that is one state, but not a diner on the other side of a street in another state?

How is it the virus will infect a diner after 9:00, but not before, in some states, but not in all states?

How is it that the most severe lock down states haven't really faired well against those states that did not go to such extremes?

How is it the virus will infect in a place of worship, but not at a rally, riot or protest?

How is it that return-to-school is unsafe in some states, but many other states have had in person schooling since September with no different results?

How is it that the vast minority of teachers invoke the risk of virus infection upon return to school, yet some of them jet to island or Mexican vacation spots?

How is it that MSC, and others, particularly the Grandiosa, can conduct cruises since August 2020 in an area of the globe where the virus is still unchecked by the lack of vaccine purchase planning, but US ports cannot conduct a single cruise with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers?

This could go on......

Again, in a reply to you but not directed at you.  A needed vent.  👍

• Like 4

4 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

That is so extreme and unfair.  As would be "how many of died of Covid 19 on US port based cruises?"

"Open your eyes" is fair.  The following is not a litany re: you.  Just unanswered questions.

How is it the virus will infect a diner on one side of a street that is one state, but not a diner on the other side of a street in another state?

How is it the virus will infect a diner after 9:00, but not before, in some states, but not in all states?

How is it that the most severe lock down states haven't really faired well against those states that did not go to such extremes?

How is it the virus will infect in a place of worship, but not at a rally, riot or protest?

How is it that return-to-school is unsafe in some states, but many other states have had in person schooling since September with no different results?

How is it that the vast minority of teachers invoke the risk of virus infection upon return to school, yet some of them jet to island or Mexican vacation spots?

How is it that MSC, and others, particularly the Grandiosa, can conduct cruises since August 2020 in an area of the globe where the virus is still unchecked by the lack of vaccine purchase planning, but US ports cannot conduct a single cruise with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers?

This could go on......

Again, in a reply to you but not directed at you.  A needed vent.  👍

You have no idea how safe MSC cruises are. There is not a shred of empirical data that proves such activities do not contribute to the spread of covid.

The powers that be have decided to be cautious about resuming cruises. A stance I applaud. I would much rather see a few frustrated cruise fanatics than another outbreak. 

At the moment it looks to be just a matter of time before cruising will resume. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, broberts said:

You have no idea how safe MSC cruises are

It depends if you believe the numbers reported by the cruise line, which I think were close to zero cases. Compared to the numbers on land in Italy, RCCL Fain is right in saying you are safer on a cruise than on Main St.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It depends if you believe the numbers reported by the cruise line, which I think were close to zero cases. Compared to the numbers on land in Italy, RCCL Fain is right in saying you are safer on a cruise than on Main St.

I don't believe any follow on data was collected. So we don't know how many contracted covid on the voyage and succumbed after. In fact all we do know is how many boarded with infections.

45 minutes ago, broberts said:

You have no idea how safe MSC cruises are. There is not a shred of empirical data that proves such activities do not contribute to the spread of covid.

Empirical data is based upon observation and experience versus theory or speculation.  To state that there is not a shred of observed or experienced data is silly.  The Country of Italy, the ports of call, the passengers access to report incidents don't record such.  This disappoints the salivation of those who want cruising maligned forever, uniquely and specifically as an industry, despite the numerous other EXAMPLES of virus infection risk hoaxes listed that you did not answer or disagree with.  So, yes I do have an idea how safe MSC Grandiosa cruises have been based upon the empirical data of such cruises.

The powers that be have decided to be cautious about resuming cruises. A stance I applaud. I would much rather see a few frustrated cruise fanatics than another outbreak. 

The powers that be answer to those that elected them and those that serve them.  Again, answer the EXAMPLES of the virus infection risk hoaxes listed to support such.

Also, how many cruises with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers have experienced an outbreak that has overwhelmed a state-side medical facility?  Crickets.

Finally, the Princess virus infections were borne on land, unless the virus can swim or fly; so the cause was land based and batty.

So, why so angry?

2 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Empirical data is based upon observation and experience versus theory or speculation.  To state that there is not a shred of observed or experienced data is silly.  The Country of Italy, the ports of call, the passengers access to report incidents don't record such.  This disappoints the salivation of those who want cruising maligned forever, uniquely and specifically as an industry, despite the numerous other EXAMPLES of virus infection risk hoaxes listed that you did not answer or disagree with.  So, yes I do have an idea how safe MSC Grandiosa cruises have been based upon the empirical data of such cruises.

The powers that be answer to those that elected them and those that serve them.  Again, answer the EXAMPLES of the virus infection risk hoaxes listed to support such.

Also, how many cruises with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers have experienced an outbreak that has overwhelmed a state-side medical facility?  Crickets.

Finally, the Princess virus infections were borne on land, unless the virus can swim or fly; so the cause was land based and batty.

So, why so angry?

Would you provide a link to this data you say exists please. 

How many cruises with fully vaccinated crew and passengers have taken place? 

Curiously when a carrier boards a vessel the virus is no longer restricted to land. Essentially the virus can fly and swim.

Why are you so angry? I don't know.

2 hours ago, broberts said:

Would you provide a link to this data you say exists please. 

You said that there was no data; from the Italian government, health officials, MSC cruise line, port itinerary cities.  So, "you" make the charge that outbreaks have occurred yet provide no proof, links, news articles, government data, etc.

You make the charge you prove it.  I'm not proving the negative.  Nice try.

How many cruises with fully vaccinated crew and passengers have taken place? 

None.  Bell ring.  Because, at least in the US, as per NCL request, they have not been allowed.  Why?  Probably the results might be against the dogma and narrative.

So, again, you tell us all.  Why not allow fully 100% vaccinated crew and passengers now?  

Curiously when a carrier boards a vessel the virus is no longer restricted to land. Essentially the virus can fly and swim.

Why are you so angry? I don't know.

If you now assert that the virus started on the Princess cruise ships you should contact WHO and the CDC and give them your data.  WOW.  This could change the whole understanding of the source of the bat-based virus.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 5:55 AM, Keksie said:

I don't see it as unnecessary snark.  I see it as pointing out how completely one-issue the CDC is.  Lockdowns to the point that people lose their businesses - OK with the CDC.  Schools virtual to the point that children are behind in school and may never catch up - OK with the CDC.  The CDC does not even have an idea of the metric required for people to be able to have a normal life again.

Maybe the CDC is paying attention to the deaths, and recognizes that a business is useless to someone who is six feet under.  The CDC is intended to be a one issue agency  —it’s actually right there in the name — Centers for Disease Control.  There is nothing about watching out for businesses in their mandate.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 3kidsncats said:

Maybe the CDC is paying attention to the deaths, and recognizes that a business is useless to someone who is six feet under.  The CDC is intended to be a one issue agency  —it’s actually right there in the name — Centers for Disease Control.  There is nothing about watching out for businesses in their mandate.  

That is why the CDC should have a seat at a well rounded table of experts in many fields such as economics and education that then recommends an approach for governmental officials  to take for mitigation measures.  That way business closures, delayed diagnostic testing, mental health, drug and alcohol abuse, suicides, delays in education etc. can be weighed against possible deaths.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

That is why the CDC should have a seat at a well rounded table of experts in many fields such as economics and education that then recommends an approach for governmental officials  to take for mitigation measures.  That way business closures, delayed diagnostic testing, mental health, drug and alcohol abuse, suicides, delays in education etc. can be weighed against possible deaths. 

It’s the opposite of all of this, actually.

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

suicides

Suicides actually fell in 2020, but let’s not pretend that this is about anything but money and entitlement. Because it obviously isn’t about human lives. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, broberts said:

And even sooner if people would stop foaming about the CDC and get vaccinated. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost and all that.

5 minutes ago, Keksie said:

No, actually the CDC should not — their purpose is to control the spread of disease, period. Economics and education have their own agencies, and local, state and federal leaders can and do take advice from those agencies, as well as the CDC.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

You said that there was no data; from the Italian government, health officials, MSC cruise line, port itinerary cities.  So, "you" make the charge that outbreaks have occurred yet provide no proof, links, news articles, government data, etc.

You make the charge you prove it.  I'm not proving the negative.  Nice try.

None.  Bell ring.  Because, at least in the US, as per NCL request, they have not been allowed.  Why?  Probably the results might be against the dogma and narrative.

So, again, you tell us all.  Why not allow fully 100% vaccinated crew and passengers now?  

If you now assert that the virus started on the Princess cruise ships you should contact WHO and the CDC and give them your data.  WOW.  This could change the whole understanding of the source of the bat-based virus.

Fail! Nice try to doge a request to prove the assertion you initially made. If you want to claim that cruises in europe have been safe then you will have to provide data to prove that point. 

Stop misrepresenting my comments. 

10 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

9 hours ago, broberts said:

Fail! Nice try to doge a request to prove the assertion you initially made. If you want to claim that cruises in europe have been safe then you will have to provide data to prove that point. 

Back at you.  If you can't read the simple, elementary data from the Italian, German, Taiwan and Singapore cruises, I can't help you.  All of these cruises with virus protocols, "before the impact of vaccines."

Without these successful sailings, how could such ambitious cruises be scheduled and planned by so many European and Middle Easter countries and ports for this summer and fall?

They couldn't.

The successful sailings are well documented, the protocols identified and working, through the cooperative efforts of country and port health and safety officials, governments and the cruise lines.

Sorry, not misrepresenting anything as you don't evidence anything to misrepresent.  You never do.

https://fortune.com/2021/04/02/italy-lockdown-cruise-msc-grandiosa-easter-travel/

Over 350,000 cruise passengers since the pandemic closed the cruise lines down, only 23 positive virus cases.

Cruises Cases/Population ~ 23 / 350,000 = 0.00006

World Cases/Population ~ 143,680,227 / 7,900,000,000 = 0.02

Decreased Risk on Cruise ~ 0.00006 / 0.02 = (0.997) = 99.7% Less Risk

• Like 4

16 hours ago, broberts said:

Broberts you guys are doing a terrible job wearing masks up there.  

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

It’s the opposite of all of this, actually.

Suicides actually fell in 2020, but let’s not pretend that this is about anything but money and entitlement. Because it obviously isn’t about human lives. 

Suicides especially with our young people and attempts absolutely did not fall in 2020.  There were at some pediatric ER in the northeast waits up to 5 DAYS for crisis.  Let alone the lonely in the nursing homes who simply stopped eating.  These lives matter just as much as covid and they are victims of covid too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

Broberts you guys are doing a terrible job wearing masks up there.  

Yeah, but if one just keeps blasting everyone else, with particular fondness of the immediate south, and especially red...diversion, deflection.

Also, when presented with the DATA and evidence...crickets.  🙄

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 3:35 PM, At Sea At Peace said:

Well, disagreement is totally OK with me. 

IMO, the CDC guidance regarding cruise ships is and has been based on the terrible attack on the Diamond Princess at the outset of 'somewhere in Asia virus where no one on the planet knew what the heck it was.

It's been a long time since the Diamond Princess.

The CDC hasn't acknowledged any information in the year since.  Ignores Asian and Italian cruises continuing successfully.  Ignores NCL's proposal for 100% vaccinated crew and passengers from the US.

And, IMO, the CDC's warning about cruise ships were for "cruises." 

WHO would expect such a year later to govern a rescue ferry ride for 16,000 refugees that are vaccinated from escaping from molten lava.  🙄

It was a mistake, IMO, to put that warning in there.  Also, I think it was funny.  Everyone seems to be so bat-s.... crazy.  Wonder why?

Bingo, for the Embassy to put out a tweet that, in part, includes the CDC's admonition against traveling on cruise ships, WHEN THE INFORMATION THEY RELY ON TO STATE THAT IS MORE THAN A YEAR OLD, is simply disgraceful. Wow, I thought I'd seen everything. SMH....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Yeah, but if one just keeps blasting everyone else, with particular fondness of the immediate south, and especially red...diversion, deflection.

Also, when presented with the DATA and evidence...crickets.  🙄

It’s only just beginning... let’s check the data in a few months.